• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who says hay is not enough?

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
Twinkle had her myxi jab yesterday and she had a general check up. She is on hay only diet due to very sensitive tummy and has maintained a good weight and still has a lovely clean bottom!! The only variety in her diet is some readigrass. I am very pleased as Mark (vet) says she is looking well.

Well done :) souns like it's keeping her healthy and alive! don't fix what isn;t broken :) She seems good to me by what you've said :)

I think the issue with hay only is the restricted vitamins/minerals which is more likely to show up more as long term issues, which is why people often use a week or two with just hay to resettle things. If you're doing it longer term then I'd be tempted to add in a vitamin supplement just to make sure she gets everything necessary.

Back