• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure what to do with the trio

Rachel89

Mama Doe
Oppinions/thoughts would be greatly appriciated, may be long so bare with me (and the awful spelling that goes with it :oops: ).

Originally I had Blue, Honey & Bracken as a trio, they really weren't happy, Honey seemed to be very unsettled and often would take one of them into her space and if the other came near to see chase/fur pull/bite them. This went on and off for a couple of months. She didn't seem to have a special friend like only if Bracken went near Blue it was either of them.

I then got Dizzee hopeing it would help, after abit of unbonding and getting Florence thinking Dizzee may not settle back in (Blue was the difficult one). I bonded them ibto a 5, Honey seemed to love this as she always had someone she could be with and wasn't left on her own. She would share her friend with the others as if say Bracken came over when she was with Florence she could slope off with another bun.

When Florence died it didn't upset the group and she still had a friend to chill with as I had her, Bracken, Blue and Dizzee.

Her and Blue seemed very close out of them all, (originally had them as a pair). Since Blue passed I now have her, Bracken and Dizzee who are rather unsettled then settled then unsettled etc. More the point the two are abit wary of her behaviour of not knowing what shes going to be like.
Shes not as bad as when I had her, Blue and Bracken but watching thm they aren't are bonded and relaxed as the 5/4 tey were in.

obviously I don't want to go and adopt another bun without totally thinkgit through, also because its hard to bon Honey, the other two are very submisive and just like an easy life of flopping and eating, but it take her quite a while being mostly blind and with partial hearing although she has got on well with everybun Ive got and no major dramas/accidents.

I think I need some advice from people who aren't so involved in them as they are my babies and its sometimes hard to kno fully what to do for the best. I also worryibg about replacing Blue as he was so special :oops:

Wow sorry mega long, don't really have any bunny friends to ask apart from on here, if I tried they would start getting men in white coats.

So any thoughts or input would be ace, thankyou :wave:

That's a really difficult one, I don't have enough experience of bonds to offer any real advice though my first thought was whether it would help to try to "rebond" them - try them together in a small pen for a few days to see if they will interact a bit more etc. But thinking about it that might make them more unsettled :?

Sorry, hope you get some good advice soon. Good luck xx

Go with your gut feeling Rach. :wave: If you think Honey would be happier with a new friend then do it. It sounds like Bracken and Dizzy wouldn't be bothered either way. :)

You can have Cloud if you want. The bloody ******'s eating my shed! :roll::lol::lol:

Go with your gut feeling Rach. :wave: If you think Honey would be happier with a new friend then do it. It sounds like Bracken and Dizzy wouldn't be bothered either way. :)

You can have Cloud if you want. The bloody ******'s eating my shed! :roll::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry Rach, no real advice as im pretty new with groups too. Im sure youll make the right decision though. If you think Honey is so unhappy, but arent sure about another bun, would bringing her indoors be an option?

I didnt want to read and run but it sounds like you love them soo much and are obviously thinking of what's best for them. I dont really know what to suggest but i agree that if Honey would be happier with a new friend then do it.

Best wishes xxx

As Honey is so difficult to bond I wouldn't move her from the partners she has now. You could either get another bun and attempt a four again, or get another bun and split them into two twos, if your existing bond isn't working out.

Back