• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which is better?

Alicia

Mama Doe
Sorry for more housing questions, I just feel like their hutch isn't big enough and I'd love to make it better for them but I'm not sure if I can.
I have an 8ft x 6ft shed, which Mum said I could only use for them in the winter, because it's used to store things in, but the shed has 2 floors, so I might try and ask Mum if I can fit everything upstairs in the shed and keep the downstairs for the rabbits.
The only downside is I wouldn't be able to attach the run to the shed, because the shed is on stones on decking and I don't think Mum would let me put a cat flap or make a hole in the side of the shed anyway.
I don't know if she'd even let me use it yet, but I just wanted to see if it would be better for the rabbits first.
Which is better? A 6ft x 2ft x 2ft hutch with attached 6ft x 4ft run, or a 8ft x 6ft shed with no run attached?

Also, if I did move them to the shed, the hutch wouldn't be wasted (I only got it in March but I didn't realize how big Archie and Molly would get) 3 of my guinea-pigs could move into it.

Well the hutch and run is 36 square feet and the shed would be 48 square feet so the shed is bigger. :) It would be best to keep the run for nice days though so that they can play outside. :wave:

yeah - if they had the shed...they would need to be able to see outside etc so they arent just shut in a shed for hours on end....:D

The shed is bigger but personally I would rather have the smaller set up with the run where they can get lots of fresh air and daylight.

Back