• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I need some opinions please.

LauryStevens

Mama Doe
I'm in two minds about getting another fold away "grass run" 7x4ft.

Basically I have 4 bunnies (2 pairs). Both pairs have a large hutch and permanent run day and night but I always let them have a few hours on the grass at least every other day. As I have two pairs which aren't bonded yet, they can't share the fold away run.

eBay are selling the exact same one as mine (same seller) for cheaper. It's £50 which included free P&P plus a sun sheild, this is also 7x4ft.

If I had another then they can all go out at the same time rather then swapping runs all the time. It'll probably be useful, but it's a bit more clutter and a bit more money...should I or shouldn't I? £50 is a wickedly great price I think too, considering I paid £65 for the same one 4 months ago!

Plus I figured that when they're all bonded they have double the gras space as they can be joined togther!
thanks guys!

sounds like a good price

How easy is it to get the buns in and out safely without escapes? Is shade possible from all sun-angles? Do you need to make a base to stop them digging out or anything else digging in? Is the wire strong enough to prevent predators chewing through (our neighbours dachshunds nearly got through the thin wire some runs use - we swapped all the wire to the heavy-duty sort). Don't forget to move the water bottle or buy a spare. A piece of wood to sit on when the grass is damp might be nice too. If it's good on all fronts your buns will be grateful - ours are very moody if not out for a good while every day. Have fun.

How easy is it to get the buns in and out safely without escapes? Is shade possible from all sun-angles? Do you need to make a base to stop them digging out or anything else digging in? Is the wire strong enough to prevent predators chewing through (our neighbours dachshunds nearly got through the thin wire some runs use - we swapped all the wire to the heavy-duty sort). Don't forget to move the water bottle or buy a spare. A piece of wood to sit on when the grass is damp might be nice too. If it's good on all fronts your buns will be grateful - ours are very moody if not out for a good while every day. Have fun.

It's attached to their permanent run so they can leave and enter it as they please. It is very strong metal. 100% fox proof. They are only allowed in in suring day light hours so never foxes around. Our rabbits don't dig and there is a fixed lid attached :)

If you have the money, then I would go for it. ;)

It would mean both pairs could have some time on the grass every day and, as you say, you can join the 2 runs together to make one big one once they're a group. :D

bumping!

im never sure what to suggest as im no expert just love bunnies! but will share my opinion... if you can afford id say maybe go for it! as like you said they could be joined when all bonded :) but if you cant really afford i wouldnt say its a necessity as they have thier own runs and free range :)

If you have the money, then I would go for it. ;)

It would mean both pairs could have some time on the grass every day and, as you say, you can join the 2 runs together to make one big one once they're a group. :D

Thats what I'm thinking, I have the money...but for some reason my instincts are saying no...hence why I'm asking for others opinions. I always follow my instincts but am not sure why I feel like this might be a bad idea, though I no it will have so many positives :S

I guess you could always sell it on if you dont end up useing it later for some reason.....:?:

Makes sense to have 2 runs where they can all go out together and oyu dont have to swap over...also enables them to start being in the same places at the same time together - so when & if you decide to bond them...they all have kinda been doing the same things just seperated.:)

Back