• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to get rid of bunny pee form the carpet?

karen1980

Mama Doe
Any suggetsions please?

Im trying to clear Lily's pen this weekend as im in the house on my own and thought of bringing the devil children in for company and to see if it would work before thinking to adopt a house bun but am scared they will pee on the carpet and it wont come out.

I want to be fully prepared so any ideas would be appreciated!
Thanks

Thanks, I was thinking bicarb of soda or vanish something like that but they are all tested on animals.. I'll see what I can find.

Ste used a carpet washing vax on the stain that was my fault from the binbag that leaked :oops:

wee stain totally gone :D :D

white vinegar and bicarb removes most smells and stains from virtually anything.

I've used it to remove all sorts of stains from my carpets. :)

Nicola thanks is it in the supermarket bit? Im that way tomorrow so will drop by and get some in preparation. Its going to be a stressful weekend
Lily was always so good but keeping an eye on 3 bunnies will certainly keep me busy!

Nicola thanks is it in the supermarket bit? Im that way tomorrow so will drop by and get some in preparation. Its going to be a stressful weekend
Lily was always so good but keeping an eye on 3 bunnies will certainly keep me busy!

It is in the supermarket part :wave: just with the other cleaning bits, I think it is called Carpet and Fabric Stain Remover.

Astonish and Bio-D do good BUAV approved cleaning things as well but not sure if they do carpet cleaners

is it a stain or preperation for a possible weeing???

if you get it fresh don't use any chemicals i used white vinegar once (after reading on here) and it just spread worse :shock: just warm water and a cloth works with fresh pee :wave:

bicarb mixed with laundry powder or liquid (but test in n inconspicuous part of the carpet first as sometimes it cleans the colour out aswell as the pee!)

is it a stain or preperation for a possible weeing???

if you get it fresh don't use any chemicals i used white vinegar once (after reading on here) and it just spread worse :shock: just warm water and a cloth works with fresh pee :wave:

Its in preparation, you can normally tell when they are going to pee but I want to be super careful as one of them I think isnt so litter trained the other 2 are fine.

Dyson Dysolv :love:

Its the only thing i've found that gets even old (up to a year :shock:) urine stains up.

Dyson say its animal safe (i called them) but obviously, use at your own risk.

Thanks im being a good girl scout being prepared.

I figured bringing the 3 in for a try out would make me tidy Lily's things away as I guess it is time too as much as its going to hurt :cry:

I can then later assess if the 3 dont get on indooors if I want to think about adopting again x

Kermit, yes, 4 months this saturday to the date :cry:

I feel embarrased when people come round because they are looking for the bunny that isnt there :roll:

Im thinking I can oput it in my spare room perhaps, please dont think im gross but its all as she left it, water bottle fur, poopies everything. Its gonna break my heart clearing it up :cry:

Kermit, yes, 4 months this saturday to the date :cry:

I feel embarrased when people come round because they are looking for the bunny that isnt there :roll:

Im thinking I can oput it in my spare room perhaps, please dont think im gross but its all as she left it, water bottle fur, poopies everything. Its gonna break my heart clearing it up :cry:

*hugs*

Back