• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you..

Would you..

• Have loads of rabbits in the minimum housing?

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Have limited rabbits with excellent setups?

Votes: 30 90.9%
  • Other.. Please say

Votes: 2 6.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i will only ever have a pair of rabbits and i hope they like their setup :love:

there was a bunny who tugged at my heartstings and i had someone trying to get me to take her but no i am not a rescue and i cannot go down that road it would be a disaster... i cannot put another bun before my pair :( :( she is now probably dead but i can only have two :cry:

I enjoy having free range indoor buns. So they wouldn't really be in set ups. I would love to have a group of 7 one day and if bonding didn't go well I'd free range certain buns in certain rooms if I could.

Um wouldn't the first option be a hoarder?

I'd have limited in wonderful setups. You also need to take into account bunnies need interaction, love and fun. All of which require time. The more buns there are the harder it will be to give the time necessary!

As far as I am concerned very few things in life are black and white and sometimes you have to do the best with what you have for your bunny family. Dont forget that things can change at any time for any one of us, so that what you were able to provide before, you may not necessarily be able to continue doing. And many of us could make improvements but that doesnt mean that bunnies in need should be overlooked because you cant give it 100% perfection.

I may have to make a choice between space and safety for a pair of my buns.

Things are rarely a straight-forward choice. If you can take a bun in danger and give it a happy, healthy, safe life, where it has suffficient space for most of the time, that is better to me, than that bunny suffering elsewhere.

Somewhere inbetween maybe, I guess the more rabbits you can take from rescue the more can be rescued from really bad accomidation, I'd rather the majority of rabbits in the UK be in good accomidation than have a few in really excellent set ups and the rest forgotten about and living in 2ft cages

By the way when you say minimum housing you mean the rwa measurements? I assumed you meant crappy small housing. Either way I personally couldn't take on multiple rabbits even if I had all the time in the world, as much as I can dream about it, I wouldn't have the time to give the bunnies what they need mentally, money or space.

Last edited:
By the way when you say minimum housing you mean the rwa measurements? I assumed you meant crappy small housing. Either way I personally couldn't take on multiple rabbits even if I had all the time in the world, as much as I can dream about it, I wouldn't have the time, money or space.

Yes

As far as I am concerned very few things in life are black and white and sometimes you have to do the best with what you have for your bunny family. Dont forget that things can change at any time for any one of us, so that what you were able to provide before, you may not necessarily be able to continue doing. And many of us could make improvements but that doesnt mean that bunnies in need should be overlooked because you cant give it 100% perfection.

I may have to make a choice between space and safety for a pair of my buns.

Things are rarely a straight-forward choice. If you can take a bun in danger and give it a happy, healthy, safe life, where it has suffficient space for most of the time, that is better to me, than that bunny suffering elsewhere.

Agreed. There's an awful lot of "grey" out there. Also, times have changed dramatically in terms of what is now deemed preferential in bunny care, it can take time to catch up.
ETA: I don't want any more rabbits though. One is enough for me nowadays! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back