• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

which RU member has the biggest bonded group?

Chloe at fat fluffs has a huge group.

There's a lovely pic somewhere of them freeranging in the garden, it was ages ago though and I'm struggling to find it.

Hopefully she'll be kind enough to repost. ;)

I have an 8 atm

2.jpg

groupof8-1.jpg

when they were a 6 all flopped :love:
IMG_9190.jpg

I have a group of fourteen :) but don't know how to upload photos but check out my Facebook as it's an open profile and I got pics on there. My name is c-j Upfield.

WOW and theres me proud for having a group of 4!! I wonder if it gets easier the more bunnies you add in to the mix..

I love the one of the buns in the garden :love:

Hi, Well I started off with a pair that I put together without even thinking they'd fight. I just presumed all rabbits got along fine :shock: Luckily enough they did.
When I want to add to the group I put the new bunny into my indoor cage or dog crate and place it into the rabbits sleeping quarters (which is a shed).
I let them smell each other and see each other all the time. I leave the new bunny in the cage with them all the time. At this point they would be having separate free ranging time.
After about a week of seeing, smelling and being able to get close to each other I let the new one out and there is usually a chase and a small bit of fur pulling but after the order has been established things tend to tick along nicely as the rabbits are used to each other already.
This method has worked several times for me but I have always had the buns neutered first before attempting to add them to the group. It also allows me to have more rabbits without having to be overcrowded with hutches as they are split between two sheds at the moment for overnight but they free range the garden all day as a group of 14.
Hope this helps. :D

Chloe at fat fluffs has a huge group.

There's a lovely pic somewhere of them freeranging in the garden, it was ages ago though and I'm struggling to find it.

Hopefully she'll be kind enough to repost. ;)

Yeah I love that picture of all the buns in the garden :love: It just looks so natural (if you dismiss the variety of pretty colours :lol: ). I'd love my seven together, unfortunately Baby and Rory have a very strong dislike to most rabbits except each other

Back