• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

ginger and patch how to no what sex they are

alybob

New Kit
Hi every one i bought 2 bunnies awhile ago and got told they were both male but ever since i bought them patch has been trying to hump ginger how can i tell what sex they are as its always patch doing it to ginger so maybe ginger is a girl? can anyone help please x:?

Rabbits hump to show dominance, both male and female can hump. If you are unsure, it may be best to separate and get a vet to check or one could become pregnant.

Rabbits mount / hump to show dominance ..
I would get a vet to check the sex of both rabbits
Whether they are the same or opposite sex it is recommended you get them neutered / spayed, this will help the bond keep strong without hormones coming in the way and will prevent unwanted litters and prevent health problems such as uterine and testical cancer :wave:

heya

how old are they? if they are both boys, once sexually mature (with plums...) they could start fighting, IF they are both boys then one is showing dominace and i would DEF recommend neutering. this is from experience, i waited too long with mine as one was ill then there was a massive fight and lots of blood. this was because the smaller one was the humper and wanted to be in charge, and the larger - the humpee - one got fed up and was able to inflict a lot of damage! luckly he recovered fine though.

Def get them sexed though either way as as said one of each will lead to babies.

patch and ginger

hi thanx every1 there around 16wks old so think its time to take them to vets xx:wave:

Back