• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pictures of underbed storage in outside hutch

TriL1

Warren Scout
Hi, can anyone post some pictures of the underbed storage boxes in their outside hutch in sleeping compartment? I know sounds bit strange but my bun does seem to be fine getting in and out and doesnt hit his back on the arch as he gets out but just want to see how big everyone elses looks in their hutches. There is still bit of space round one side where he climbs in but if I cut the edge of the box there will be some jagged edges or I could cut the arch in the hutch but before I do this just want to see some examples pppllleeeaassee.xxx:wave:

Here's Poppys, she also has another one now on her raised shelf but she only uses this one to wee in:D
may2011018.jpg

ETA: She's using Carefresh in her litter tray now but would only wee on chippings (wood shavings) when I first got her. Its been a gradual process changing her over:D

mine's in a shed not a hutch so pics aren't really going to be any use to you, but you could try cutting a gap at the front so it's a bit lower if you think there's potential problems :) If you're worried about jagged edges you can just sand it down to get it smooth.
You can get high backed cat litter trays too which are lower at the front too which might be worth considering.

We tried to cut our underbed storage box down a bit to fit in the bedroom bit of the hutch, but the box totally shattered and wasn't safe so we bought a new one and got rid of the partition wall in the hutch instead. :)

Here's mine but its not really in a 'hutch' its in a wendyhouse

If the arch is a problem maybe you could saw up the edge of the arch [if its on one side and not in the middle] so that its just a 'half door' type of entry?
:? well it makes sense to me :lol:

102.jpg

Aggh your bunnies look well cute all snug together.x Im pairing my bunny up soon, his having his op next Fri and was thinking this size underbed storage would be better for two and now seeing yours I know it fits them in nicely. Was thinking whether to go back to using my other one but its only 35cm x 40 so that def would not be big enough for two.xx I'll do that with sawing the hutch arch then, if the box would shatter or be sharp edges i'll just cut the doorway. I would take the whole partition out but I did that the other day and there is a bit of gap in the door. Do you think they really need the partition door to having seperate areas?? Or do you think be worth taking it out?

Aggh your bunnies look well cute all snug together.x Im pairing my bunny up soon, his having his op next Fri and was thinking this size underbed storage would be better for two and now seeing yours I know it fits them in nicely. Was thinking whether to go back to using my other one but its only 35cm x 40 so that def would not be big enough for two.xx I'll do that with sawing the hutch arch then, if the box would shatter or be sharp edges i'll just cut the doorway. I would take the whole partition out but I did that the other day and there is a bit of gap in the door. Do you think they really need the partition door to having seperate areas?? Or do you think be worth taking it out?

I think I'd maybe leave the partition in but make the arch higher or saw up to the top so its only half a panel :wave:

I dont think sawing the box is a good idea - it will crack I would think?

Back