• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I think I make bunnies worse :-( I'm a rubbish bunny mum

AnnieElms

Mama Doe
I'm having an awful week :cry:

Bunny was ill with stasis over the weekend, but is better now thank goodness. But now I have just gone out to the foster buns in the garden, and Bella bun is looking ill as well now.

I don't know what I am doing wrong.

She ate her veggies fine this morning, and I always give them each a pellet from my hand before putting them in the bowl, and she took that and munched it fine. I have seen now that she hasn't eaten her pellets from her bowl, and is lying down and won't eat anything. I have syringe fed her some water and am on standby to go to the vet if she doesn't pick up.

Poppy had stasis earlier this month too.

I think someone should come and take the buns away from me, that is how I feel right now. How can my foster bun live 2 years in a tiny hutch with no love at all and a pants diet, and the moment she comes to stay with me she gets ill? I am doing something terribly, terribly wrong I am sure :cry:

You're not rubbish! This is just bad coincidence! Your foster bun is probably quite overwhelmed by her new surroundings as well. I'm sure she'll settle soon.

hugs for you and vibes for the buns.

xxxx

Awww dont feel like that, its definatly not your fault :( A change in surroundings and diet can be quite stressful on a bun, so I wouldnt be surprised if your foster bun is possibly ill because of that.

What food do they have and how much? :wave:

They all have an eggcup of SS pellets per day, unlimited Hay for Pets Ings hay, and a small handful of veggies/foraged things from my untreated garden.

Bella was fed on museli at her old home so I bought some and gradually mixed it with more SS over 2 weeks until she is now only on SS.

I try so hard with my buns' diets, but I've never managed to get my own two eating enough hay. However the foster bunnies seemed much better hay eaters.

Sorry, I am not really the kind of person for a 'woe is me' thread, but I am feeling really down about this right now. These animals rely on me, and I don't feel like I am doing very well at the moment. I know that my own bunnies do have some issues, but when the foster bun gets ill too, it makes me sure it is me doing something wrong.

Dont be sorry and DONT feel guilty. Their diet sounds perfect, I cant think of any way you could better it.
Bunnies are just unfortunately very fragile little things, and it sounds like yours are having a stint of bad luck :( I wouldnt be surprised if the change in temperature has had an effect, and like I say with your foster buns stress and change in diet is definatly a factor.
(((HUGS)))

Back