• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby Bunny Bonding????

BunnyLoverXx

Young Bun
Hi Everyone,
So I might be adopting this baby rabbit today.He is very cute and small and he is 6 weeks old, and dont worry I no he wont stay like this for long. But the main concern is that I would love to bond him with my adult nuetured rabbit. Now should I wait until the lill chap gets bigger or would it be better to bond them when he is young. I adopted my other rabbit last year and he was in a run with other rabbits and he seems really friendly around other animals like he is always walking up to my dog when he is behind the gate when my rabbit is in the garden, So I am hoping that he will be good with the new baby. Also I am planing to get the new guy neutured when he reachs the right age!! So what do you think and if anybody has any tips on baby rabbits then feel free to tell me I havent had a baby in awhile.
Also they will have loads of room because I have converted my shed into my bunns home so they would have loads of space, and also if they dont get along or if I will just wait until the lill guy gets bigger I have a very large cage to put him in and the bottom of it is being used at the moment for my other rabbits eating area and toliet area so I will just put the top on it so they can both still see each other!!:wave: Thanks
http://www.donedeal.ie/donedeal/classifieds/viewFullPhoto.jsp?cid=6928436&ad=2289072 :The baby
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...27300920618.2034338.1171890721&type=1&theater
My Bun (O'Malley)

Are they both boys? If so you will need to keep a very good eye on them as they are likely to fight when young bun hits maturity and two males can do VERY bad injuries to one another.

I would personally keep them separate until young bun can be neutered and his hormones have lessened. Then bond in a nuetral area.

Are they both boys? If so you will need to keep a very good eye on them as they are likely to fight when young bun hits maturity and two males can do VERY bad injuries to one another.

I would personally keep them separate until young bun can be neutered and his hormones have lessened. Then bond in a nuetral area.

I agree with this. I don't think you should do any bonding until the baby is neutered and the hormones died down, but you do need to be prepared for them to never bond.

Also, 6 weeks is too young to be rehomed, he shouldn't be going anywhere until 8 weeks minimum, so please don't bring him home yet.

Hi thanks I was thinking to leave them until he is neutured, yes they are both males but the one that I have now is VERY calm and I know that for a fact because my friend has had 2 male un-neutured rabbits and they have been very aggressive!
Yes he is only 6 weeks old but he has already been seperated from mom because the person I am getting him from bought him only a few days ago but family problems have come up and she has to give him away!

Hi I took him home yesterday because I met up with the women and from the second I saw his lill face I fell in love and I was afraid that he would end up in a bad home seems there was no charge for him.
So I have him in a quarintene cage to make sure that he is not sick ect. because I dont have my other rabbit. I am planing on getting him neutured when he is ready!!
Now I know he i very young to be away from his mother so is there anything I can do to give him the best chance of good health.
Also I have a few questions :
Is it ok for him to eat grass?
Is there any veg that he cant eat right now, I no he isnt aload alot!
What age can he be neutured and when should he have his vaccinations?

Heres a pic of him :D

http://twitpic.com/5k6z8s

Last edited:
Back