• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Biting and nipping

demikaijuu

Warren Scout
Hey

George has recently taking to biting or nipping me - and it's happening more and more. He was neutered in march, previos to neutering he never once went for me (but was quite possessive of my shoes) so this is a new development.

He's lunged for me a couple of times but most of the time it's just him nipping me, but it's starting to be an issue cause I can't sit down without being bitten or nipped. I thought it was boredom related so I've made him a little hidey house out of a box, stuffed toilet rolls full of hay and hidden the odd treat in his digging box to try and make his life more fun. His free range time has significantly increased as I've been leaving him out all the time I'm at home (unless there is a Hoover involved) - but because his free range space is my bedroom I'm getting increasingly paranoid about him going for me when I'm asleep :(

Does Any one know what could have brought this on? Or what I can do to stop it happening so much

Cheers :)

Is his eyesight ok? Nutmeg will go for people if you approach the wrong way because her right eye is slightly compromised. How old was he when he was neutered?

He was about 6 months old when he was done - so he's still a young bun :)

I don't think it's his eye sight cause he's nippen me when I'm aat watching tv and not moving xx

Very strange!

Have you tried squealing when he bites you? Bunnies squeal when in pain, maybe he doesn't realise that it is hurting you.

Back