• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Incontinance problem?

shelley

Mama Doe
Hi all

Sorry, my last thread today, i promise!

I just picked Buster up for a cuddle and to check his jab site (he had his myxi yesterday) and his whole underside is sopping wet... its wee

Its not the first time ihave noticed it this week as there been lots of small tiddles on the floor and his tail has been wet, what could be causing this? His legs are really wet too and im worried he will get urine burns if it continues :( his litter trays are filled with super absorbant wood pellets with hay on top and he has towls in his create on top of a peice of carpet, he also has a cat bed.

It sounds crazy but im really worried he's becomming incontinent or some thing. He's never been like this before

Last edited:
I have no idea what might be causing this, poor bunny. I'd get him to a vet though. I'd also consider changing the title of your thread to 'Incontinent bunny?' or something like that and more people might have a look I think, as it sounds more like a problem you need help with.

Hope you get someone along to help soon :)

It is abnormal for a Rabbit to be wet from urine. There are many possible causes such as a urinary tract infection, bladder sludge, a neurological problem amongst other things.

Without a full examination it is impossible to say what is causing your Rabbit's symptoms. So I would take him to your Vet tomorrow

Good luck :)

Ok i will call them tomorrow. It just looks like he's wee'd down his legs. He's not been like this before although admittedly i havent picked him up much this week as he's not keen on it but i have noticed theres been tiny pools of wee dotted about, almost like he's not got to the tray in time. He doesnt smell of urine but his feet and tail are slightly yellow :( oh i really hope he doesnt have anything wrong

It is abnormal for a Rabbit to be wet from urine. There are many possible causes such as a urinary tract infection, bladder sludge, a neurological problem amongst other things.

Without a full examination it is impossible to say what is causing your Rabbit's symptoms. So I would take him to your Vet tomorrow

Good luck :)

Totally agree, bunny needs to see avet so good luck and I hope it's nothing serious

Thank you for your vibes :)

Ive called the vet this morning and i cant get an appointment until tomorrow but he isnt wet this morning and he's been weeing in his tray again, typical. I go home for lunch anyway so will check on him again. I spose he could have wee'd on the floor then laid in it (i have tiled floor) but im not sure because it's twice this week he's been all wet. He's fine in himself though so i'm happy to wait til tomorrow

yeh thats what im hoping, after being worried about it all night OH said to me that he had clean up a puddle by the baby gate yesterday evening so it looks as if he's peeing to mark his terrortory (He knows Lola is on the other side of the gate) then gaurds the gate and is running back and forth in it. His pee's are really big and he drinks an awful lot so i spose it woul make him quite wet! He has to go back to the vet next week for his next jab anyway so i think i'll keep an eye on it then ask the vet what she thinks. If he's still wet later and tonight i'll take him tomorrow. I'll just feel silly if i go tomorrow and he's bone dry again, it wont really prove my point and she'll think im over reacting!

Back