• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nutmeg had a tooth out today!

fiona3

Warren Scout
Nutmeg is a dental bunny with shocking teeth! He was booked in today to have one of his most troublesome teeth removed.. Mr Lawrie my vet was going to remove it from the outside of his mouth through his face:cry: This tiny tooth grows into Nutmegs cheek and is one of the main reasons he has dentals every 4/5 weeks. (the other ones dont curve). Great news is he was able to pull it out from inside his mouth. No stitches, no shaved face no major surgery!!:D
Here is a picture of the tiny culprit.

I was thinking of having it cleaned up, dipped in gold and made into a pendant as Nutmeg has been having dentals since he was 1 year old every 5 weeks. He is 4 now so im guessing it may just well be one of the most expensive necklaces i will ever own! lol.;):D He is doing well so far.:)
IMG_0869.jpg

:wave: I hope he's OK. Travis has had to have teeth out before, this was the first time:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=63405

He bounced straight back both times, I just grated/softened his food the first day each time so that he didn't get anything sharp in the gap.

I think he was also on baytril in case of a chance of infection, but I can't remember now.

Hope Nutmeg is feeling great again soon!

Nutmeg eating now after tooth extraction.

He is doing really well so far. I have been giving him lots of soft food and he is munching away. When he first came home he was licking his lips a lot and chomping but i guess he was just realising his tooth had gone after coming round. He is tucked up in a bed of hay and has taken some spinach,grape (only one) and even a few pellets. I will give him anything he likes to get him eating. He has lost 100g since last dental.(was on holiday and carer was under strict instructions not to feed any treats as was worried about any funny tummies while i was away) Fingers crossed he will manage until his mouth heals, then i am going to feed him up and get a little bit of weight on him.:) Thankyou for asking after Nutmeg.

Last edited:
Awww, bless his cottons! I had a dental bun who needed doing every 3-5 weeks. His teefs made him very miserable. Shame you can't get bunny-dentures really!

Hope Nutmeg is feeling all better now, and enjoying the extra fuss and treats. :D

Ahh bless Nutmeg. I'm glad the operation was less intrusive than you thought it would be. I bet it will be a relief for him and you to get that tooth out. Lots of vibes for a speedy recovery.

Back