• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cleaned out 50 rabbits today :|

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I'm doing work experience, and cleaned out 50 rabbits today :shock: I'm knackered! Not only were they the most awkward hutches ever, most were 3ft deep, I'm too short to reach the back of the hutches with a hand shovel, and too weak to lift a proper shovel, and try cleaning that whilst also trying to keep a mother and ten babies out of the way :shock:

Still, I feel it's quite an achievement! I don't know how rescues and big breeders do it, then again they probably have more practical hutches :lol:

Oh I didn't realise you were still at school - My son is about to choose his work experience but doesn't know what to choose. Cleaning bunnies out is not his thing lol.

:lol: Now I feel better about cleaning out all my bun, parrot, quail, and ham cages :shock: I can't imagine doing 50 in one day. how many hours did that take?

:lol: Now I feel better about cleaning out all my bun, parrot, quail, and ham cages :shock: I can't imagine doing 50 in one day. how many hours did that take?

Haha, yeah I think I'll feel better about doing my 7 now :lol:

I'm not sure how long it was, I didn't want to look at the time :lol: It felt like it took me absolutely ages but I reckon I did all the cleaning (and feeding and watering for all the birds and hamsters too) in 4 or 5 hours, I wasn't exactly rushing though

Oh I didn't realise you were still at school - My son is about to choose his work experience but doesn't know what to choose. Cleaning bunnies out is not his thing lol.

Tell him to get it done quick before all the good places are taken, I think a lot of schools in our area were doing it at the same time, luckily a lot of places will only take students from our school though :)

Back