• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

help!

little-laura

Wise Old Thumper
hey guys yuri woke up from the neutering between 1 and 2pm I collected her at 3:30 we got in at 4:30 and unlike yuki she isnt eating right away.... I dont think shes eaten yet... I am really worried

I have put all her fave foods in shes just sitting there at the moment

she has had some teeth work done too so I am thinking it may be that........

Last edited:
Great Yuri is home.

Cutie-pie didn't eat either and she also had her teeth done. I had to take her back the next day and she stayed overnight there but was fine.

I think it seems quite common they don't eat after a spay. Don't worry yet.

right I am steaming mad they left the capita in her ear...... I have just got home and now I have to turn back and take her back ffs!!!!! i have to take two trams and walk to get there im already exhausted!!!!!!!!!!!! havent spoke to the vets yet they just left a message on my mobile as i missed their call asking me to come back in

right im back sooooo :censored: off I am not sure what to do to be honest I want something done! because of their mistake I had to take a taxi in rush hour it cost me £25 I do not have! and a further £6 in tram fare back. not to mention the stress on poor yuri who got settled just to be uprooted and taken there and back again

not only this but when I said i may not be able to make it for 6:30 as i have to take two trams they said well if you cant make it its ok to leave it in till tomorrow and you can come then, so instead of saying yes we made a mistake we will wait till you get here and take it out they were going to let her suffer till tomorrow I couldnt do that and wouldnt let her suffer so I forked out the cash... now I am crapping myself about money.........

their excuse sorry I was focusing to much on a poorly dog ¬_¬

now after all that I have forgotten whether I have to give her the sachet stuff in her water for her teeth today or tomorrow and i cant ask because they are closed :censored:

they apologised but that doesnt chance that I had to fork out money I shoudnt have I am not as angry at it happening as I am at the fact they wouldnt wait for me to get there by the cheaper but longer method

I was all nice and calm to them but i was fumming what should I do

Last edited:
dont quite know what to do about the whole thing but I want something done

and im now worried about the protexin bio lapis i dont know if i am supposed to give it to her today or start it tomorrow

Last edited:
:cry: im getting so worked up over her not eatting everything that has gone on and the fact I dont know if I am supposed to give her the sachet of protexin today or not and if I am meant to and dont will she get sick

I'ld write a strong letter of complaint and point out the distress to your animal and request they cover your additional traveling costs.
Has your poor lady eaten or poo-ed?
I'm not sure about the sachet maybe someone else will know.
I'ld offer her pellets softened with water, hay,wet herbs and anything else she likes. A little buffet of her favourite things and hope for the best.

I think you're entirely within your rights to feel utterly peed off and whatever was pre-occupying them is NO excuse for your (owner and bun's) distress!!!!

Vibes to you both xxxxxxxxx

hopefully someone will see this post for u hun.....try not to stress (i no its not easy) cos bunny might pick up that ur stressed.....deep breaths:love:

vibes for ur bunny :love:

I think its common that rabbits don't eat for awhile after neutering... I was going insane when I had mine neutered. 4 buns, none of them wanting to eat. I think Jack and Izzy started eating that night or early the next day, but Ben and Timmy nearly went into stasis, I just had to keep bugging them by waving hay in front of their face and Timmy finally started eating by himself 4 days later.

If she's just been neutered today and she's made to eat she should be fine. Is she at the vets now? They may need to syringe feed, give appetite stimulants, obviously tempt her with lots of hay, pellets, differents veg/herbs etc...I don't know enough about it to really give a lot of advice though.

And sorry but what about the capita on her ear? Why did something need to be put on her ear to have her neutered? :?

I think its common that rabbits don't eat for awhile after neutering... I was going insane when I had mine neutered. 4 buns, none of them wanting to eat. I think Jack and Izzy started eating that night or early the next day, but Ben and Timmy nearly went into stasis, I just had to keep bugging them by waving hay in front of their face and Timmy finally started eating by himself 4 days later.

If she's just been neutered today and she's made to eat she should be fine. Is she at the vets now? They may need to syringe feed, give appetite stimulants, obviously tempt her with lots of hay, pellets, differents veg/herbs etc...I don't know enough about it to really give a lot of advice though.

And sorry but what about the capita on her ear? Why did something need to be put on her ear to have her neutered? :?

im sure the capita is common practice but its removed before we see our buns

shes at home not at the vets... she was released earlier today but I had to take her back again then back home again because they hadent removed the capita.......

im going to check for poos soon >_<

Ohh, I'm guessing a capita is what they use to keep their ears from moving during an operation..I think they always secure certain parts of the body during operations on animals and people, I'm just trying to imagine what a capita is :lol: We probably call it something different here.

Ohh, I'm guessing a capita is what they use to keep their ears from moving during an operation..I think they always secure certain parts of the body during operations on animals and people, I'm just trying to imagine what a capita is :lol: We probably call it something different here.

you know what a canular is? the thing they put in on your hand usually when you have operations where all the painkillers, meds, iv etc.. goes in

thats a capita

I am now really worried as she hasnt pooed

you know what a canular is? the thing they put in on your hand usually when you have operations where all the painkillers, meds, iv etc.. goes in

thats a capita

I am now really worried as she hasnt pooed

Oh okay, thanks!

I wouldn't be too worried, mine were all fine and didn't even need a vet trip I don't think. If she's a fan of veg/herbs/fruit she will be easier to tempt. Right now she's probably really stressed out from the whole thing.

The Bio Lapis is a probiotic they give for you to pop in their water or syringe it into their mouth if they havent eaten for a while. That is what my vet gived me when Tink is having one of her tantrums and doesn't eat. Depending on when she last ate I would give her some either tonight or in the morning, it keeps happily for 24 hours.
I know you are angry, and I would be too, but try and be calm for your little munchkin and that will help her feel better too.
Lots of vibes and hoping things seem better in the morning!

One of my buns didn't eat for 12hrs after her spay. I was about to forced feed her critical care when she started eating by herself.

Don't worry yet, but keep a close eye on her.

managed with an old cleaned out metacam syringe, get 6 full lots of mushed up pellets

as well as several attempts over her face and fur... which she is now cleaning off and giving me a look of disgust........

got three full lots of plain water too and again some on her mouth and fur >_<

I am not popular....

Back