• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Really, really sensitive bunny?

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
Is it possible that a bunny is just super sensitive to human emotions, rather than being generally scared of particular humans?

If I'm completely calm, Lilah is super calm. She'll give me cuddles, let me clip her nails/check her bum, sit on my knee for like hours at a time just flopped out relaxing.

If I'm stressed, she acts very cautious and jumpy. If I lift her she'll stay still for around 30 seconds then get frantic and start going mental. And she won't take food out my hand. This is pretty much how she behaves if I'm sad or angry or anything.

But I don't 'get' how she'd be able to tell how I'm feeling, I don't show it :?

We done a little experiment; my sister (who's 8 ) went into the run, she's calm and just generally stressfree. She sat on the stool and Lilah jumped onto her knee, and licked her face. She sat on my sisters knee for 8 minutes. (Yeah, I done it really accurately.)

Then I went in, having had a mildly 'bleugh' day, but not 'bleugh' enough for any other human to be able to tell how I was feeling. But Lilah completely ignored me, it was as if there was a bubble around where I was sitting and she wouldn't come in the bubble :(. She wouldn't even come over for a danelion leaf :shock: When I walked towards her, she came over and sniffed me, then ran away and continued ignoring me. So it seemed as if she was affected by how I was feeling :?

BUT, then I brought Jazzy out, and she was jumping all over me and just couldn't tell. Same with when Sox came out, he didn't notice :?

So...is it just that Lilah likes me some days but not others? Is it just a coincidence? Or is it possible that she's really, really sensitive to emotions?

Lilah really is a 'people' bunny, if she's in the run and hears a dog bark, or a car horn or a birdy chirp she runs in between my legs for protection, bless her :love:.

Sorry its so long :oops:

Thank you :) xx

Last edited:
It's very, very possible. They can sense our emotions. There's a good few bunnies on here like this, so you're not alone with one :)

I think many bunnies are extremely sensitive to us and our emotions.

That said, some are just happy in their own dolly day dream world.:D:D

Rather like us humans at times. :roll:

yes, i firmly believe that somebuns are totally in tune with their human carer's emotions - and health.

Oh I firmly believe that they can pick up on our emotions, though some may react to the same emotion in different ways. I also believe that they have their own off ans stroppy days... or at least my Tink certainly does!

Back