• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Esme is in stasis again..... obstruction :( U/D P 25 improvement. HOME!

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
It's less than three months since her last episode, poor girl:cry::cry:

She was bright and lively at 11.30pm and eating well, at 6.00 am she was not eating and in obvious discomfort. The sad thing is I don't leave them for that length of time during the day so I don't know how long she had been in pain for :cry::cry::cry:

I've taken her the 1 hour (long detour because of roadworks) trip to Harcourt-Browns where she was admitted for x-ray, blood glucose testing and whatever else is necessary. I felt a bit panicked when the vet said her abdomen felt hard but she's been there over 2 hours and I've not had a phone call so I've trying to calm down and hope it's 'only' belly ache. bEssie-Boo was also really calm/quiet when examined by the vet which scared the hell out of me but she gave about 12 big thumps when put in the carrier which reassured me somewhat.

Any get well vibes for lovely Essie?

Last edited:
Oh poor Esme.
Massive vibes from me and Pie
Pie says "I feel your pain Esme, I hopes you can get betters soon!"
:wave:

Thank you so much everyone.

I'm just about to go to work, my phone hasn't rung so no news is good news hopefully.

It was/is an obstruction.
glucose was 18, now getting lower

surgery still a vague possibility

going for second x-ray.

*quick update as at work*

~Still needs vibes#

Sending lots of vibes for Esme x

I know how you feel, my Herman's digestive system is rubbish and we're constantly on a knife edge waiting for the next episode

Back