• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shop bought commercial treats

helennnnnn

Wise Old Thumper
I did try to do a search on this... but "treats" came up with far too much and "commercial treats" came up with hardly anything!

My OH was lovely and decided to buy bunny some treats. This was a little while ago now. Unfortunately, what he bought were things that I wouldn't have bought myself and didn't really want to feed! Anyway, I said yes okay you can give him some, not wanting to spoil his fun! And he gave bunny a big handful (more than what I give him in pellets!) so I put most of them back in the bag :lol:

Anyway, this was a little while ago now. I still have the majority of the bag that he opened and another bag that hasn't been opened. How bad are they to give? Should I just chuck them away and hope he doesn't ask? It has been a while and he hasn't said anything. I could just pretend bunny's eaten them all if he asked :?

They're these ones:

Fruity biscuit mix
Carrot Patch Crunchies

Neither seem to have great nutritional value to me.

I used to give things like that to the Hamsters when the kids had them (sadly :angel: now). They were fine and lived long lives. Never given them to a rabbit though sorry:oops:

They are both definite treat foods, look at the fibre content on them. Oidhche was bought a packet of the carrot crunchies from a friend (bless her) and she gets the odd one, normally when said friend is around. She loves them.

I don't see them doing any harm as an occasional treat :D

Mine have the first ones daily, its not killed or harmed anyone yet. I think they are fine in moderation!

Never tried the second one, but I see nothing wrong with commercial treats, or any treats as long as they are not given too frequently. :wave:

I have had the fruity biscuit mix ones the buns wouldn't eat them. They don't seem to like fruit that much, only fruit they will eat now and then is apple.

I know a couple aren't going to kill him :lol: Hope not anyway, I just gave him 2 :shock: to test whether he still likes them or not! I just don't like things with colours and flavourings in when they're not necessary. Hmmm maybe I'll just keep the treats hidden away apart from OH is round and he can give a couple occasionally. As long as he doesn't try to give a whole handful again!

I know a couple aren't going to kill him :lol: Hope not anyway, I just gave him 2 :shock: to test whether he still likes them or not! I just don't like things with colours and flavourings in when they're not necessary. Hmmm maybe I'll just keep the treats hidden away apart from OH is round and he can give a couple occasionally. As long as he doesn't try to give a whole handful again!

Reading the reviews on P@H some people prefer to feed these over nuggets :shock:

Back