• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this run suitable?

oh dear. This is turning out to be a bit more difficult than I thought. We got a 5 foot by 3 foot today which seems fine but I can't figure out how to attatch the hutch so its going back to the petshop as I want them to have proper shelter if it rains and i'm out.

Ideally we need something no wider than 3 ft as that's the space we have in the garden with just enough room to walk past it

In which case it may be a good idea to make one yourself or get a local firm to make it for you. Most people say that a run of at least 6ft x4ft should be provided as absolute minimum which is 24 sqft - up until recently this was the size that the RSPCA said was the minimum it would home to. If you provide a retangular run then for it to be the minimum length it would need to be if it can only be 3ft wide is 8ft although I'd be tempted to make it 10ft if you have the spaceto give them plenty of space to run and binky :wave:

In which case it may be a good idea to make one yourself or get a local firm to make it for you. Most people say that a run of at least 6ft x4ft should be provided as absolute minimum which is 24 sqft - up until recently this was the size that the RSPCA said was the minimum it would home to. If you provide a retangular run then for it to be the minimum length it would need to be if it can only be 3ft wide is 8ft although I'd be tempted to make it 10ft if you have the spaceto give them plenty of space to run and binky :wave:

I agree very much with Rhian, ask about and see if there is anyone around who might make one for you. We have a guy who lives near us that does woodwork as a hobby and he’ll quite happily make hutches and runs to order.:wave:

Back