• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flooring in hutch

TriL1

Warren Scout
If you were to lay a certain flooring in your outdoor rabbit hutch does it have to be lino or can it be any type of tiles?:wave: Also does anyone know of any places that would give off cuts of lino away if it is only lino?

I'm not sure about specific 'types' as such, but I would strongly recommend getting a bit that's big enough to be laid in one single piece. Tiles do peel up at the edges and the more seams you have, the harder it is to keep clean. Far easier to stick one piece down with double sided carpet tape and seal the edges with a silicone type sealant.

Depending on the hutch size you might find someone with an offcut, so there's no harm in asking! The trouble is most shops leave the small offcuts at the customer's house when they fit the flooring, they sell bigger offcuts. It might be worth asking on freecycle or having a look on ebay. I recently got a new 7*5 piece of lino on ebay for £6.50 including delivery because it had a slight crease in it which meant that the shop couldn't sell it.

I didnt think of that, with it peeling it up and having more cracks, well done.xx Do still have the sellers name you bought the lino from on ebay? thanks for your comments, most appreciated.x:D

emphasise what Santa said, I had tiles down at first but it became a nightmare to clean as it got all dirty between the crackt, much happied with a single piece. I bought an off cut from a major carpet retailer, wans't too expensive.

Good luck

Hannah

Phoned a couple of carpet places this morning ( the bigger names) and they said had no off cuts, phoned a small carpet shop and hey presto, got a 6ft by 2ft piece for £5, very pleased, well done everyone.xxx Going to start laying it later.xx:D:wave:

Back