• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Large Rescue All added 1st post

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
I collected the 1st group of rabbits from the lady who is terminally ill
A sad situation ..she has obviously been overwhelmed by numbers..several of her pets had been dumped on her by people who knew she was an animal lover..and she isn't coping .
Sadly they were in small cages and some kept in carriers..but no comments on this please as this is not the time for their poor owner to be slated .
Lots of nethies and some lops..all un vacs and un neutered and most defense aggressive:(
I took 11 tonight and will be going back for more on Friday
Due to the time of day and me being shattered just 4 pics

First..safely here

hinrescue.jpg

Then little 2 1/2 year old rew male..now named Budgie

budgiea.jpg

Then 4 year old lop male..now Swift

Swift.jpg

Then 3 year old nethie girl..named Wren..very fiesty

WREN.jpg

A few more added today

4 1/2 year old male now named Falcon..scared but enjoyed ear massage after a while

falcon.jpg

3 year old boy, Raven..has nibbled ears

raven.jpg

and 4 1/2 year old male now called Puffin

Puffin.jpg

and 2 more

A pair..first 4 year old doe now named Magpie

magpie.jpg

and her friend..4 year old doe now known as Bunting

bunting.jpg

and a trio of nethies
First 2 1/2 year old mum now Skylark

skylark.jpg

and her two 18 month old daughters
Siskin

siskin.jpg

and Linnet

linnet.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Jill, you will be very busy.

I love the bird theme for the names and they look lovely. I'm sure given time, space & treatment they will improve no end :D

Well done :)

About 20 ..the lady wants to keep 4 for aslong as possible..then they will come to us too.
They need to be kept quite confined and space gradually built up as not sure how fit they are..but guessing not very:(

aww jill .. wish we had room to help ..

have you enough space for them all?

Aww the pictures u have put of the bunnies are lovely.

Such a sad situation for you and the lady who has had to give them up, but you will do an amazing job with them.

Hope they are all ok and the rest that you pick up on Friday are fine too.

Awh bless them :)

Perhaps you could arrange a fundraiser to name some of them to raise some cash for vaccs/neuters?

If you want, I can help arrange it? We could do something like £1 to suggest a name, 10/15/20 names total for each bun (could do a few different bunnies) and then at the end we have someone pick it out of a hat? I'm happy to do it all if necessary and then send the proceeds on to you.

Let me know if you want me to help :wave: Got nothing to do at the moment and you sound exhausted :( All I need is a few piccies of the chosen buns :)

Angie...some of the Honeybunny fosterers are great and have offered to take extras..the others will be with me..I have some spare hutches and lots of indoor cages which will be so much better than their previous accomodation
Tracy at Rugby also offered to take some if needed..so may shout her for help next week

Yaretzi..thanks for offer but names already listed for them all..
Fundraisers will be happening so watch out for them...thanks again :D

You are a marvel Jill. I just wish I could help in some way.

When the time comes - happy to help with homechecking for homes down here. x

Looking forward to more photos when you've got your breath back.

Aww, little cuties! :love: Looking forward to pics of all of them! (I know that may take some time! :shock:) Well done for helping them xx

Back