• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

think i have found Boo's former owner

cooldarls

Alpha Buck
Was at my local green grocer today talking to him about the bunnies while collecting me collection of all the fruit he saves me daily. its normally some of the cabbage leaves that have fallen off or torn and the big stalks off the brocolli he takes it off as he doesnt see the point in trying to sell it......anyhoo

was there collecting the stuff and a lady came over and was telling me she knew me from somewhere but didnt know were. I was very polite and we talked for a while. She even told me where about i lived. I started thinking it was an old friend of my parents. Then she told me that she had dropped something off for me. She was saying it was in a box a box you know. Asked her when about did she deliver the box convinced it was someone who knew my parents. She started asking me what i did cos it was annoying her. When the grocer told the lady about my bunnies she looked shocked at me and started saying it wasnt her , it was someone else not her. it was only a bunny!!!!!!!!!!!

Then she left the shop. It makes me think it was her who had Boo as he was delivered in a box around march/april area like she told me.

It got me really annoyed and wanted to go after her, but the grocer said to leave her, she is known as the local drunk and people had been in to her house in the last week and taken all her pets. Think Boo had a very lucky escape but am going to have to keep away from her cos if she comes near me again I will end up saying something.

:shock: was he just left outside your house then? Poor baby, but like you say it sounds like it was the best scenario for him really. What an odd experience for you though.

Yeah Boo was in a box on my doorstep think he was only weeks old and thought he had been a present for a child who didnt want it but still not sure.

he is a bundle of joy and makes me life daily with what he does in the garden. so so funny

isnt it the wierdest feeling when you see a box on your drive and your not sure whats in it :(

we nearly ran our poppet over she was dumped in a box on the driveway:shock:

boo has a better home now though:love:

Omg, how weird (not to mention awkward!)
I can never understand how someone can just dump an animals in a box for someone else to deal with :evil:

isnt it the wierdest feeling when you see a box on your drive and your not sure whats in it :(

we nearly ran our poppet over she was dumped in a box on the driveway:shock:

boo has a better home now though:love:

I think that's the important thing to be honest, that he has a better home.

Some people will never learn and the world would be better off without, but until that day comes, we'll just have to keep mopping up after them and doing the best we can!

it was a very strange feeling when i walked out my front door and tripped over the box. When I took it inside mum thought i had planted the box on the doorstep so i could have another bunny lol but it was obvious that I hadnt.

The important thing is defo that Boo has a better home now.

There are quite alot of people who now me in my village as my grandad was such a character and he kept rabbit so people used to talk to him about them so now they know i have bunnies too. so i get stopped alot by people asking how my bunnies are if my group has grown recently lol.

I'd like to think that if for any reason I was ever unable to look after any animal, I'd sort something proper out for them, not just dump them and walk away. How would you know that the person would be able to look after them, what if they didn't have the space/time, what if they weren't home and something happend to the bunny?

I totally agree with you. I would like to think that someone told her to leave him with me as i had rabbits. To be honest I didnt have the room when I found him. He ended up living in a old hutch i was getting rid of for a week while dad built him a new one. It was a very old 5ft hutch but for the size he was when i got him it looked more like a 9ft hutch when he was in it, but now he has his own hutch and run and loving life.

Back