• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Video of Mrs Tiggywinkle pretending to be a statue...

Awww. :love::love::love:

I have never seen a hedgehog in the UK.

Is your cat thinking of playing ?:lol:

You need to go out when it's dark and listen.....they are around - you just need to be still & patient ;) You're more likely to hear one than see one, they can make a right old racket when they're shuffling around :lol:

Mrs T is :love::love: Was this last night as it was starting to get dark?

You need to go out when it's dark and listen.....they are around - you just need to be still & patient ;) You're more likely to hear one than see one, they can make a right old racket when they're shuffling around :lol:

Mrs T is :love::love: Was this last night as it was starting to get dark?

Yes was still very light though was surprised she was out that early, was about 7.45pm :)

Yes was still very light though was surprised she was out that early, was about 7.45pm :)

I was chatting to one of the hog rescues last week and they confirmed that because there is so little darkness atm i.e. it's dark late and light early, they are out in daylight because they won't have enough food gathering time! Bless 'em. Is there any chance that she has babies? That might be the other reason she's out earlier than usual :D

I was chatting to one of the hog rescues last week and they confirmed that because there is so little darkness atm i.e. it's dark late and light early, they are out in daylight because they won't have enough food gathering time! Bless 'em. Is there any chance that she has babies? That might be the other reason she's out earlier than usual :D

She might have :D I don't want to upset her by peering under the shed too much, will go get some more hog food tomorrow and keep feeding her for now, will let you know if i see babies :)

She might have :D I don't want to upset her by peering under the shed too much, will go get some more hog food tomorrow and keep feeding her for now, will let you know if i see babies :)

How exciting :D:D Do you use proper hog food then? She is a lucky girl :love: We used to feed dog food but not the sort in gravy (as it can give them the trots) + cat biscuits + the odd digestive & a few seeds/raisens. We would often find one sat under the apple/pear trees in the autumn stuffing its face on fallen fruit :lol:

How exciting :D:D Do you use proper hog food then? She is a lucky girl :love: We used to feed dog food but not the sort in gravy (as it can give them the trots) + cat biscuits + the odd digestive & a few seeds/raisens. We would often find one sat under the apple/pear trees in the autumn stuffing its face on fallen fruit :lol:

Yes but I've run out so she has hi-life (60% meat!) cat food at the mo which shes loving!! :lol: she also quite likes a beef burger :oops: we do an extra one when we have a bbq for her, she lives under my little old shed on the patio so her little snout appears when she smells the bbq :lol:

Yes but I've run out so she has hi-life (60% meat!) cat food at the mo which shes loving!! :lol: she also quite likes a beef burger :oops: we do an extra one when we have a bbq for her, she lives under my little old shed on the patio so her little snout appears when she smells the bbq :lol:

That's lovely! What a spoilt hog she is :love: She'll never leave & you'd better not either :lol: Did you know that you are ok to feed uncooked red meat?

That's lovely! What a spoilt hog she is :love: She'll never leave & you'd better not either :lol: Did you know that you are ok to feed uncooked red meat?

Oh no I didn't actually... theres a guy that lives a few doors up that runs a program to help hogs, saw a poster advertising people to try and make their garden hog freindly... was going to nip down and knock on his door to see what else i can do :D

Oh no I didn't actually... theres a guy that lives a few doors up that runs a program to help hogs, saw a poster advertising people to try and make their garden hog freindly... was going to nip down and knock on his door to see what else i can do :D

It's easy really but I expect you're already doing most of it because you have bunnies :D

1) Don't use pesticides/weed killers etc, especially slug pellets (biggest killer of hogs after cars)
2) Always make sure there is access to water
3) Cover drains
4) Make sure there is no wire/netting that they could get stuck in
5) If feeding use a feeding station (cat/fox proof) or in your case shove it under the shed!!
6) If out during the day it usually means something is wrong & the hog may be ill or injured (except this time of year they will come out just before dusk)
7) Stop feeding around October time or they won't hibernate!

:wave:

It's easy really but I expect you're already doing most of it because you have bunnies :D

1) Don't use pesticides/weed killers etc, especially slug pellets (biggest killer of hogs after cars)
2) Always make sure there is access to water
3) Cover drains
4) Make sure there is no wire/netting that they could get stuck in
5) If feeding use a feeding station (cat/fox proof) or in your case shove it under the shed!!
6) If out during the day it usually means something is wrong & the hog may be ill or injured (except this time of year they will come out just before dusk)
7) Stop feeding around October time or they won't hibernate!

:wave:

Oh good I do all that anyway :) the front panel of the shed is loose so i stuff the food under then put it back with a big stone infront :D

Thanks for the info :wave:

:lol:

I have wildie frogs x2 (no idea where they come from) wildie squirrels x2 and lots of different birds which visit my garden but no hedgehogs. Horatio Tweet the Robin last seen about 3 months ago. I think he has moved on :(

:lol:

I have wildie frogs x2 (no idea where they come from) wildie squirrels x2 and lots of different birds which visit my garden but no hedgehogs. Horatio Tweet the Robin last seen about 3 months ago. I think he has moved on :(

I have a couple of little toads, a couple of squirrels and a robin too :wave: oh and a naughty field mouse that insists on living in my garage! I had to rescue a pair of wellies i use for just in the garden, she'd ripped some of the lining a started to make a nest in one :shock:

Back