• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's so upsetting to watch Buckley's reaction to the Baytril taste

Pebblesetc

Mama Doe
Buckley really hates it. He takes one bit and starts scraping at his tongue with his paws, dragging his tongue on the floor, writhing around... it's really hard to watch.
If bunnies could cry like humans do, he'd be howling :(

And this is with the flavour being hidden by sweet fruityness.

I know it's hard to watch but it has to be done sometimes. With Inky, I put it on his front leg and he would immediately lick it off, without seeming to notice the taste. I know that this is perhaps not the most accurate method but it was preferable to having him spit it into my face.

I give Pie a mint leaf or basil leaf right afterwards to take the taste away. Something strong tasting and that she likes.
Makes it easier for her (and me).

I always put it on bread. I use the syringe to inject it into the bread then fold the piece over to squish it a bit. Then I let it soak for a minute and then offer it to the bunny. I've never had a problem with doing this and Grim is a fussy bunny when it comes to food. Could you try that?

I always put it on bread. I use the syringe to inject it into the bread then fold the piece over to squish it a bit. Then I let it soak for a minute and then offer it to the bunny. I've never had a problem with doing this and Grim is a fussy bunny when it comes to food. Could you try that?

this always worked for me too :D

Does he like Fibreplex? When Pickles has his Panacur, which he detests, he gets a squirt of Fibrepolex straight after. Fibreplex is nectar as far as my bunneh is concerned!

I wrap Molly up in a towel and put her onto her back (I know rabbits don't like it but seriously its the quickest, easiest and less stressful way of me doing it). I squirt the baytril into her mouth as quickly as I can without choking her, and then she is put upright again. There would be absolutely no other way I could do it. She's had baytril many times in her life so she hates syringes near her mouth, so there's no way you would get a syringe near her (whether sweetened or not) if you didn't wrap her up and flip her over.

Munchkin eats his injected into a slice of banana :) The only way to get it in him andIi've tried everything. :roll:

Back