• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

another problem bunny taken in ..

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
every bun we have taken recently has had some problem or other ... :?:(

took in a female german lop ...georgeous big girl :love:...last night with a horrendously sore hock ..
had to ring emergency vet for advice ..

going to our own vet this evening but i realy dont see how this can heal ... its a hole in her foot :(

every bun we have taken recently has had some problem or other ... :?:(

took in a female german lop ...georgeous big girl :love:...last night with a horrendously sore hock ..
had to ring emergency vet for advice ..

going to our own vet this evening but i realy dont see how this can heal ... its a hole in her foot :(

can she have it amputated if it wont heal?

poor little thing. I suppose it must be similar to when we get bed sores and things. There may be bandages that can help the healing process. Hope that she gets better, I can't imagine how painful that must be for the poor little thing! What did emergency vet say? :wave:

Poor love! What's Jane been putting on Lady Lydia's feet recently? Her little boots? Not sure if whatever she's doing will help.

noserubs for the little lovely.

xxx

oh no...how painfull for her...I hope there is something you can do to help it heal abit...keep us updated...xxx

poor little thing. I suppose it must be similar to when we get bed sores and things. There may be bandages that can help the healing process. Hope that she gets better, I can't imagine how painful that must be for the poor little thing! What did emergency vet say? :wave:

emergency vet advised metacam and abx ...clean with hibiscrub (as feet were mucky ) ....and see vet today .

back from vets ...

vet very pleased with how me and Tracey had cleaned it :oops: :D

doesnt look infected at the moment ...but of course she is on high dose of abx and metacam .

bedding her on double vet bed and cage rest ..(that should be fun ...shes rather lively .. :roll: :roll: )

The wound itself doesnt look as bad now its dry and clean and its stopped bleeding ...skin is now stuck back down around the edges making it look smaller (last night it was open and raw and as big as my thumb nail :? )

so its abx , painkillers , soft bedding and rest ....and see how it heals .. :?

back from vets ...

vet very pleased with how me and Tracey had cleaned it :oops: :D

doesnt look infected at the moment ...but of course she is on high dose of abx and metacam .

bedding her on double vet bed and cage rest ..(that should be fun ...shes rather lively .. :roll: :roll: )

The wound itself doesnt look as bad now its dry and clean and its stopped bleeding ...skin is now stuck back down around the edges making it look smaller (last night it was open and raw and as big as my thumb nail :? )

so its abx , painkillers , soft bedding and rest ....and see how it heals .. :?

wishing bunny all the best for speedy ecovery, love from Barnes xxx

Back