• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rescues where do you get your hay?

I would also love to know as the pet shops charge too much - the horse brigrade must get theirs a lot cheaper don't you think?

I buy bales from the farm shop or equestrian supplies store. Prices have gone up recently because of a shortage, but still lots cheaper than pre-packed hay

i get mine from the farm shop its 7quid a bale but i hate going their i was hoping their would be somewhere online, also megazorb where does someone find THAT rare treasure!!!

I am not a rescue but have four fosters as well as my own trio. I get bales, megazorb and pellets from a local equine feed merchant. A sq bale costs me £5, much better value than pet stores!

I am not a rescue but have four fosters as well as my own trio. I get bales, megazorb and pellets from a local equine feed merchant. A sq bale costs me £5, much better value than pet stores!

megazorbs like gold dust down here we cant get it no matter how hard we look,

I dunno if gumtree, preloved etc have this, but craigslist has a 'farm' section and there are loads of farmers that list their hay. Its good quality hay, different types, and good prices. Or you could go to local farms, feed stores, tractor supply stores, etc.

I get bales from a local haulage firm at £5 a bale, delivered. We also have ponies and goats and things, as well as the rabbits.

Luckily Im one of the horse brigade.... I usually get 100 or so bales in summer for the following winter and bring a bale home as and when I need it. £3 a bale.
The profits for pet shops must be huge for what they charge for bagged hay:shock:

I just found somewhere very near, but too scared of telephone to call them... sucks :(

Just realised the link tells people where I work ish :oops:

Last edited:
You can order megazorb online from the Hay Experts or Bunny Bazaar (we tend to tie it in with buying other rabbit supplies at the same time so we dont have to pay additional delivery charges). :wave:

Back