• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Literature for Rescues..

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Can anyone tell me if there are any organisations that give free literature to rescues to be used when dealing with the public- regarding animal care etc and insurance, other than rwa.

Thanks.

Why not try writing off to a variety of different people?

I got on google last week and looked up a variety of people who might be willing to donate stuff for our Pet Awareness Day and a lot of people got back to me. The same principle must go for this too.

I think insurance companies might do this. When I adopted Poppy from a rescue, she came with 4 weeks free insurance from PetPlan, plus some little booklets from Petplan about rabbit care. It might be worth contacting them about this.

ETA I think I was also given some leaflets about Burgess foods. It is all marketing for these companies, really, but as long as the leaflets are giving the correct information, I can't see a problem with it :?

If you are rehoming locally (I know you are planning to do national and local), perhaps for local people would your vet surgery have some care leaflets they might be willing to donate? Or perhaps a national vet franchises with branches like Pet Doctors? (I have never used Pet Doctors, so don't know if they are any good. It may be worth checking out some reviews on them before handing out materials to people, but I'm sure you would anyway :))

If you are rehoming locally (I know you are planning to do national and local), perhaps for local people would your vet surgery have some care leaflets they might be willing to donate? Or perhaps a national vet franchises with branches like Pet Doctors? (I have never used Pet Doctors, so don't know if they are any good. It may be worth checking out some reviews on them before handing out materials to people, but I'm sure you would anyway :))

I'm rehoming nationally as long as the homecheck passes and it's fair on the animal. I.e they are healthy and happy. I could only really rehome a special needs bun locally.

The vets may do - i'll check in with them- they have been great so far with me. I could research the exotics vets around the country and enclose information dependant on the area i'm rehoming to.

Back