• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Baby wildie just before feeding!

Aw...so cute :love:

I think you're right that he's probably over a week old...at about a week old mine still fitted into the palm of my hand

very sweet and yes around 10 days plus to be moving around like that

Adorable.

Yes I think a bit older as I hand fed Big and Beige from one week and they were still in the nest scrambling out came later. Your little one seems to be moving well. Maybe 3 weeks? But I'm no expert. PM mopsmum she has raised a wildie.

Looking good - nice and lively

we had straw in with ours from early on - its amazing how early they start to pay attention to it - gets them prepared for nibbling even if they dont properly eat it.

I also gave Pippin a teddy which he had with him all the time - whenever we moved him we moved it with him - like a constant mum.

Did you see my comment on the feed - that I used double strength with a pinch of avipro?

Looking good - nice and lively

we had straw in with ours from early on - its amazing how early they start to pay attention to it - gets them prepared for nibbling even if they dont properly eat it.

I also gave Pippin a teddy which he had with him all the time - whenever we moved him we moved it with him - like a constant mum.

Did you see my comment on the feed - that I used double strength with a pinch of avipro?

I did thanks, he's enjoying it better than the goats milk. My problem is he takes a bit enthusiastically, them wants to squirm, settles again and gobbles it down, then squirms around, settles, squirms, settles, squirms. I'm just letting him do his thing, I'm hoping a bit of movement between sips will help avoid any bloating.:?

I'm halfway through cleaning out the hens, but had to stop to feed him, so I'll get some straw in with him once I've finished.:D

Last edited:
Back