• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It's still 28.1 degrees in my room and I can't make it cool down

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
I'm so desperate for some sleep, but I can't sleep for worrying about the bunnies.

I have four fans, those who are hottest have icepods (and are ignoring them), one has a flannel to lie on.

I have Wish outside in a run because she was struggling the most (not surprisingly).

I feel so helpless.

I need my room to cool down at least one degree. I don't know how to make it do that.

Put a bowl of ice behind each fan. The ice cools down the air and the fans blow the cool air into the room. Makeshift air conditioning. :)

Someone suggested that to me earlier, but that's definitely not feasible

One floor fan, one tower fan, and two pedestal fans.

Im not sure how safe or effective it would be to put ice in bags tied to the backs of the fans.

I'm not sure how you would tie them a to be really effective they have to be right behind the blades.

If each bunny has an ice pack then I think that would be enough to keep them cool. They can lie next to it or on it if they wish. Ice in bags, frozen bottles of water or ice in glass jars would do. I also wet my hands and use them to wet the bunnies ears, inside and out. As the ears are their natural radiators when the water evapourates it takes all teh heat from their bodies with it. That should work well with the fans on.

To be fair, I'm very tired and probably over reacting, therefore. My main problem is Wish though who has a metabolic disorder and just doesn't cope with this humidity more than the temp, I think. The others are, for once, being pretty sensible.

Do you have a window in the room that can be opened but obviously the buns cant get out & predators cant get in?

If so - Id suggest hanging a wet sarong or sheet and let the breeze blow through it - this makes the air alot cooler...we do this when we in egypt..it works...but obviously you need a breeze & most importantly....the window is not accessible to buns or predators...

OR You could hang it over a fan? This would work too...;)

Just thought it Wish is staying outside...you could do the wet sheet thing over her run or area too perhaps....would create a cooler air...:)

I dont even know what to do for my chinchillas.

Have moved them for the 3rd time in a month, to a cooler room, then back into the living room and back out tonight.

I am sweating under the knees. :( So uncomfortable.

My head is pounding.

Back