• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How great are ice pods!!!???

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Well, according to Dandelion and Clover they are pants :roll:

I put theirs upstairs in the hutch first thing this morning - they scratched at it, one either side, then decided it was better used as a frisbee to throw at each other. I thought the safer option might be to put it on the floor downstairs instead.

It stayed there all day, being walked over if it was in the way, but otherwise ignored....

I went to take it in this evening, and couldn't see it anywhere. Further investigation revealed it tucked away under the hutch at the farthest to reach corner (I can only get to that corner on my hands and knees with the help of a long stick to reach things with!)

I'd only just had a bath, so the thought of getting hot and sweaty trying to retrieve the ice pod didn't appeal much.....it can stay where it is until tomorrow :lol:

Buttercup, however, had his ice pod upstairs in his hutch, stretched out next to it for most of the day, and licked the condensation off it for a drink - I'm glad one of them wasn't a waste of money anyway :lol:

At least they had the energy to play frisbee. Oh poor Butters must be suffering more.

I really worry about my chinchillas. :cry: I have to be careful with anything too moist near them, due to their fur. I had this marble thing, but cant find it since we moved.

At least they had the energy to play frisbee. Oh poor Butters must be suffering more.

I really worry about my chinchillas. :cry: I have to be careful with anything too moist near them, due to their fur. I had this marble thing, but cant find it since we moved.

Butters isn't suffering - he has lots of cool places to go, he's just a lazy lump who likes to sleep for most of the day in his hutch, and as I put the ice pod up there with him it was too much effort to move away, plus there was a cool drink on hand (saved him having to walk a few inches to the water bottle :lol::lol::lol:)

Poor chinchillas :(

I wrap mine in hessian sacks (from dustfree hay!) and mine have kind of ignore them, but I guess if they're in the general area, then they cool the air down for them. I put them close to where I know they snooze when it's hot!
I put icecubes in their water bowls as well.

Butters has a lot of sense going on in that little head.....:love::love::love:
(Please let me visit again soon!! I got 2 weeks off end of July......Please,Please,Please!!!!!!)
I use frozen bottles.:wave:

meh. ice pods:roll:

i gave one each to the guests again this morning and they both looked in disgust and moved!!

think i'll use them myself if we have any more hot days:lol:

Ha ha, mixed reviews here too!!

Personally, i think they're really good because they stay cool for so long, and I think my rats agree. I've had a special hammock made for them with a pocket in it for the ice pod, and they all chillax in the hammock all day.

The rabbits and ferrets, on the other hand, are fairly unbothered by them!

Yep, my two say that they're definitely pants. :lol::lol::lol:

Bubbles seemed to appreciate the little cage fan today though - they both usually avoid it like the plague but she chose to flop in front of it.

Glad Butters is fine, lazy boy. :lol:

I put water under the bed for my 2 today. They have hardly eaten today.

It is much more of a worry for chinchillas. They can easily die if overheated.
Pleased to see Babydarling and the others having the odd run around.

My girls adore their ice pod...they look very relieved to be given something and lay with their heads uo against them and also lick the condensation off.....but they dont last all day - so I add massive frozen plastic bottles if Im out for the day or smaller ones if Im about...which are pushed out the way...so seems they prefer the icepods....or maybe its cause they a pretty colour!:lol::love::love::love:

Mischa and Mini are sensible enough to lay on theirs but Nutmeg and Smudge (the latter needs it the most) just don't seem to understand what it is for. I might put it under their towel tomorrow. I'm resorting to stealthy tactics.

Back