• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

not happy :-(

jackyshouse

Mama Doe
okay its took me just over 24hrs to type this as its quite upsetting.....i went to the local auction yesterday morning where normally they have rabbits, chickens and other small livestock auctioned off....now normally the animals are in wire cages and theres food water ans hay in them....i know its not great and i hate to think what happens to some of them after they have been bought.......
rite yesterday :( the rabbits in the wire cages looked bad had no water or hay and looked really unhappy.....as it was b4 the auction started u can have a good look at all the animals and there were carboard boxes behind the counter on the floor and tables with all sorts of animals in...guinea pigs, hamsters, buns and kittens as many as 6 buns in a box.....i spoke to the lady who does the calling and she said there was nothing she could do about it its how they are brought in.......

i am totally disgusted and really upset about this and dont quite no what to do about it.....i have emailed the local rspca and rang them and got nowhre basically cos they say it is spotchecked occasionally:(

Oh how sad, poor animals, especially on such a hot day :cry: :cry:

Try reporting it to the environmental health department of the local council, they are the ones who issue the licences, I assume an animal auction needs the same kind of licence as a pet shop?

thanx for ur reply hun.....i just wanted to buy them all and feed em......it was awful.....and i needed to vent too:D....will try environmental place and see wat they say :wave:

How upsetting, I would of wanted to take them all as well, it breaks my heart to think of them being kept like that:cry::cry::cry:

That's awful, poor animals :cry: Yes, report them, I hope they do something about it. I have to stay away from places like that or I'd end up with a house full!

i dont think i will be going again i have rang the environmental health and they said i quote "they have an up to date liscence and they had a spot check 2 weeks ago everything was as it should be" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

im wondering if because the spot check has been done they have laxed the conditions cos they wont get another for a while :(

i dont think i will be going again i have rang the environmental health and they said i quote "they have an up to date liscence and they had a spot check 2 weeks ago everything was as it should be" grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

im wondering if because the spot check has been done they have laxed the conditions cos they wont get another for a while :(

Oh what a useless thing for the environmental health to say!! :evil::evil:

If it was me, I'd go again and take pictures on my phone to send the council as evidence if conditions are bad again. But I've never seen a place like that so don't know if I actually could or not :? :oops:

i dont think i could go again.....its really upset me and although its always gonna be in the back of my mind evert week i dont think emotionally i could go again.......there were just so many of them :(

Back