• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorted- Bunny to be PTS, Ipswich UD post 33. Safe :)

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
My vets have just called me.

They have a couple in who have an 11 month old rabbit. The couple are moving and therefore want the rabbit PTS.

I don't know any more, currently about the rabbit, because neither did the nurse, all I know is he is a he and intact and 11 months old. I also understand he is not in great condition (I don't know much more but a bit more than that but would prefer to say via PM) and not 'friendly'.

The vets obviously want this bunny to have a life and we have a couple of days to see if we can sort anything.

I'm going to try the RSPCA in the morning, but I already know the answer because they are full to bursting in quarantine and isolation so no space for new bunnies- but I can ask.

My vets obviously want the bunny to live so if I can find a way to make this happen, I would love to.

Can anyone help?

Last edited:
How aweful..:cry:

Could Bluecross help at all?

Last time we had on RU all those buns & piggies rescued - they offered a spare hutch they had, was happy to sponser someone too...you just had to provide hay and care.:?

Do you want to contact my branch? I can PM you a number. We've got no rabbits in right now. I know it's not policy but it's the best I can offer.

The Blue Cross in this area don't take bunnies.

I'm going to talk to my RSPCA tomorrow, but i'm the only fosterer and we're backlogged with my three foster bunnies.

Jenova, that would be awesome if you don't mind. Are they likely to be able to offer help?

The Blue Cross in this area don't take bunnies.

I'm going to talk to my RSPCA tomorrow, but i'm the only fosterer and we're backlogged with my three foster bunnies.

Jenova, that would be awesome if you don't mind. Are they likely to be able to offer help?

I'm not sure. I know we don't have any rabbits but I guess it's about money and treatment. Will PM you now.

I could take him for short term as I have a spare puppy pen folded up in the bedroom. If I can be any help then feel free to PM me. :wave:

Thanks guys, you are awesome.

In terms of fostering, thank you for the offers.

You would need to have someone to foster for. If it was for my local RSPCA you would need to fill in the appropriate forms and have a home visit and suchlike before being allowed to foster for us. If you were fostering for someone else, then that would be down to them, what their policies are.

If you are willing to take on the bunny as your own (either to keep or rehome) then bear in mind you will need to have a specific quarantine area, away from any of your own, be willing to foot any costs, the neutering, all of that and be aware that we actually have no idea what you will be getting. I haven't seen the bunny and the vets don't have the bunny- the couple do. I can try and get more details, but there will be very little known anyway, until we get the bunny into a safe place and can assess further.

It's so lovely that people want to help, but make sure you're thinking of practicalities first :)

If absolutely a last resort, we would take him, rather that than him be put to sleep. :cry: I obviously would prefer you to find him a rescue place or foster home as we are not looking to adopt any more but as I say if a last resort, we would help.

We are not in the area and would need help with bunny run but like I said I hope (in the nicest possible way) we arent needed!

Thanks guys.

You've all been fantastic.

We think we have a solution for this bunny. :) Just waiting to have a call back from the vet nurse to discuss it.

Back