• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mxyi & HVD Jabs - clarification

shelley

Mama Doe
:wave: all

Buster has his Mxyi jab tomorrow and his HVD booked in for 2 weeks after but this is the first time ive ever gone to the vets to have it done (Buster had already been vaccinted when i got him and is now due to be done again and the same with with Lola, we never had it done on my childhood bunnies)

Anyway i cant remeber (despite the numerous threads :oops:) which one i was surposed to ask for? Was it Cyclap or is that the one i shouldnt use?. Lola's vaccination card says she has had Cyclap for HVD and Novibac for Mxyi for the past 4 years so i will keep hers the same but i didnt get a card for Buster?

Thanks

The vets will have it in their records which jab they used. Usually Cylap is the one you avoid, but if they've had it before and not had any reactions then there probably won't be a problem. Discuss it with your vet when they have the Myxi and see what they think. They'll need notice to order it if you want a different one.

Ah ok. Lola has definatly had Cyclap as its on her card but Buster is a rescue (from p@h adoption) so im not sure where he's come from, they just gave me the dates of when he needed doing again! What are the down sides of using Cyclap?

There is a higher chance of reactions with Cylap, things like a limp, being under the weather and a reaction at the injection site. There is still a risk with the other brands but it is much lower.

Ok thanks, i will discuss it with the vet tomorrow. Another question, not sure if any one will know but i took out insurance for Buster today and one of the conditions is that Buster has a dental once a year. What does this entail? is it just the vet checking his teeth? Is so will they do it for me tomorrow and that will mean that the requirement on the insurance has been fufilled?

Back