• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

PLEASE can anyone in Leeds help? Matted angora in pet shop

DemiS

Warren Veteran
I've been working at a pet shop today and they had an angora that they bought in quite a bad state, I tried grooming it today and my god the matts were hurrendous, I thought the rabbit was covered in abscesses at first but they were just balls of matted fur. Anyway I spent hours brushing it, trying to cut out the matts, but I'm worried someones going to buy it and not bother with grooming. Please is there anyone that could take it? Or even to a rescue?

It is a pure angora, a bit on the small side and a buck, he's white with fawn patches, gorgeous boy and he's so friendly, he did just sit there for hours letting me groom him without even a nip and he's not kicky at all, he's very clean around his back end, the matts were mainly on the top

He was in a right state and it wont take long to get the same way again if not groomed properly. I'm really worried for him as to where he'll end up :(

If anyone can help please PM me for details!

I've seen how bad lionheads and cashemeres can get, this poor things got no chance unless some experienced rabbit person comes by, I'm absolutely not allowed any more rabbits, and there's no where to put the dog crate even temporarily, but really anyones welcome to have it as long as they need

I don't really want to contact a rescue as it's just another pet shop bun really, it's fine now except the odd matt which will not fully come out but it's the state it will get in I'm worried about

Even if not to help a rabbit in need, he really is a lovely little boy, so docile, he'd probably make a great friend for another bun

I cant help I am afraid but I hope someone can help the poor wee fella. It must be unbearable in this heat too :(

I cant help I am afraid but I hope someone can help the poor wee fella. It must be unbearable in this heat too :(

He's seemed fine today, luckily the shop bit is quite cool, but yeah can't be nice being that fluffy when it's so warm, on the otherhand it'd be great in winter!

I would love to have him. But not sure about OHs input on ideas :s

How old is he?

I'm just worried about taking on another because my 2 girls haven't been spayed yet and I'm worried incase anything goes wrong and I have to seperate them for any reason.

I think I'm going to have to be very sensible and just wait until mine are settled after their spay.

Let us know if he's still there in a few weeks though xx

I would love to have him. But not sure about OHs input on ideas :s

How old is he?

I'm just worried about taking on another because my 2 girls haven't been spayed yet and I'm worried incase anything goes wrong and I have to seperate them for any reason.

I think I'm going to have to be very sensible and just wait until mine are settled after their spay.

Let us know if he's still there in a few weeks though xx

I'm not sure on his age, he's not old but he's not a baby, maybe between 7months to 2 years?

I'm afraid I wont be in there in a few weeks, I'm only there this week. I don't think there's been much interest, the rabbit has been there two weeks

I'm not sure on his age, he's not old but he's not a baby, maybe between 7months to 2 years?

I'm afraid I wont be in there in a few weeks, I'm only there this week. I don't think there's been much interest, the rabbit has been there two weeks

:( Oh dear - well I hope someone can take him soon then before someone takes him thinking he's "cute" (I'm sure he's adorable but unknowing parents might not consider grooming).

Can you sneak a picture tomorrow? People on here seem to fall in love with a picture faster than anything and maybe someone will be able to help? xxx

:( Oh dear - well I hope someone can take him soon then before someone takes him thinking he's "cute" (I'm sure he's adorable but unknowing parents might not consider grooming).

Can you sneak a picture tomorrow? People on here seem to fall in love with a picture faster than anything and maybe someone will be able to help? xxx

I already have some pictures but can't find my cable, he's such a stunner though, such a gorgeous face and big fluffy paws :love:

Yeah I was going to ask this :) And no i don't think there's any rescues around here apart from the rspca. :(

Back