PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE can anyone in Leeds help? Matted angora in pet shop

DemiS
27-06-2011, 05:43 PM
I've been working at a pet shop today and they had an angora that they bought in quite a bad state, I tried grooming it today and my god the matts were hurrendous, I thought the rabbit was covered in abscesses at first but they were just balls of matted fur. Anyway I spent hours brushing it, trying to cut out the matts, but I'm worried someones going to buy it and not bother with grooming. Please is there anyone that could take it? Or even to a rescue?

It is a pure angora, a bit on the small side and a buck, he's white with fawn patches, gorgeous boy and he's so friendly, he did just sit there for hours letting me groom him without even a nip and he's not kicky at all, he's very clean around his back end, the matts were mainly on the top

He was in a right state and it wont take long to get the same way again if not groomed properly. I'm really worried for him as to where he'll end up :(

If anyone can help please PM me for details!

jackyshouse
27-06-2011, 05:48 PM
i dont have anywhere to put him at the moment both my hutches being used for the time being :(

DemiS
27-06-2011, 05:56 PM
i dont have anywhere to put him at the moment both my hutches being used for the time being :(

I have a dog crate I can lend out, it's just a spare for emergencies :wave:

DemiS
27-06-2011, 07:30 PM
I've seen how bad lionheads and cashemeres can get, this poor things got no chance unless some experienced rabbit person comes by, I'm absolutely not allowed any more rabbits, and there's no where to put the dog crate even temporarily, but really anyones welcome to have it as long as they need

I don't really want to contact a rescue as it's just another pet shop bun really, it's fine now except the odd matt which will not fully come out but it's the state it will get in I'm worried about

Even if not to help a rabbit in need, he really is a lovely little boy, so docile, he'd probably make a great friend for another bun

jackyshouse
27-06-2011, 07:49 PM
im sorry hun i would if i could havent got my other hutch for about another month until my doe spayed :cry::cry::cry::cry:

helgalush
27-06-2011, 09:07 PM
I cant help I am afraid but I hope someone can help the poor wee fella. It must be unbearable in this heat too :(

DemiS
27-06-2011, 09:17 PM
I cant help I am afraid but I hope someone can help the poor wee fella. It must be unbearable in this heat too :(

He's seemed fine today, luckily the shop bit is quite cool, but yeah can't be nice being that fluffy when it's so warm, on the otherhand it'd be great in winter!

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
27-06-2011, 09:24 PM
aww poor boy :( Is he being sold by the pet shop?

DemiS
27-06-2011, 09:26 PM
aww poor boy :( Is he being sold by the pet shop?

Yeah :(

SamanthaJane
27-06-2011, 09:32 PM
I would love to have him. But not sure about OHs input on ideas :s

How old is he?

I'm just worried about taking on another because my 2 girls haven't been spayed yet and I'm worried incase anything goes wrong and I have to seperate them for any reason.

I think I'm going to have to be very sensible and just wait until mine are settled after their spay.

Let us know if he's still there in a few weeks though xx

27-06-2011, 09:32 PM
Yeah :(

Aww :( Can't you hide him when people come to the shop? :oops:

How much is he being sold for?

DemiS
27-06-2011, 09:35 PM
I would love to have him. But not sure about OHs input on ideas :s

How old is he?

I'm just worried about taking on another because my 2 girls haven't been spayed yet and I'm worried incase anything goes wrong and I have to seperate them for any reason.

I think I'm going to have to be very sensible and just wait until mine are settled after their spay.

Let us know if he's still there in a few weeks though xx

I'm not sure on his age, he's not old but he's not a baby, maybe between 7months to 2 years?

I'm afraid I wont be in there in a few weeks, I'm only there this week. I don't think there's been much interest, the rabbit has been there two weeks

DemiS
27-06-2011, 09:36 PM
Aww :( Can't you hide him when people come to the shop? :oops:

How much is he being sold for?

I could maybe put them off by explaining the time and patience needed to groom

And I'm not sure on the price, maybe around 15 or 20? Are there any rescues down your way?

SamanthaJane
27-06-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm not sure on his age, he's not old but he's not a baby, maybe between 7months to 2 years?

I'm afraid I wont be in there in a few weeks, I'm only there this week. I don't think there's been much interest, the rabbit has been there two weeks

:( Oh dear - well I hope someone can take him soon then before someone takes him thinking he's "cute" (I'm sure he's adorable but unknowing parents might not consider grooming).

Can you sneak a picture tomorrow? People on here seem to fall in love with a picture faster than anything and maybe someone will be able to help? xxx

littleboots
27-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Where abouts in Leeds.... I know you cant say name of shop but what area?

DemiS
27-06-2011, 09:44 PM
Where abouts in Leeds.... I know you cant say name of shop but what area?

Tingley area, bottom of Leeds/very top of Wakefield

DemiS
27-06-2011, 09:44 PM
:( Oh dear - well I hope someone can take him soon then before someone takes him thinking he's "cute" (I'm sure he's adorable but unknowing parents might not consider grooming).

Can you sneak a picture tomorrow? People on here seem to fall in love with a picture faster than anything and maybe someone will be able to help? xxx

I already have some pictures but can't find my cable, he's such a stunner though, such a gorgeous face and big fluffy paws :love:

27-06-2011, 09:46 PM

Yeah I was going to ask this :) And no i don't think there's any rescues around here apart from the rspca. :(

jackyshouse
28-06-2011, 12:49 PM
i agree a picture might help someone decide and possibly find out the price of him/her too :D

jackyshouse
29-06-2011, 08:22 PM
are you still working at pet shop:love::love:...how is he????

DemiS
29-06-2011, 09:04 PM
are you still working at pet shop:love::love:...how is he????

Yes I'm here until Friday :) Can't find my phone cable so no pictures sorry! He's looking fine, not eating a lot though

antigone
29-06-2011, 09:07 PM
Sadly, by buying the bunny, one would only be encouranging further breeding. :(

jackyshouse
29-06-2011, 09:08 PM
awwwww poor bunny shame noone come to help him :love:

DemiS
29-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Sadly, by buying the bunny, one would only be encouranging further breeding. :(

They bought this angora because it was in a bad condition, yes it will be replaced by another rabbit but not another long haired one. This particular rabbit is more at risk than the others due to it's fur and eating problems, that's why I'm trying to get it out of there.

Are you telling me if you saw a rabbit in a very bad condition you wouldn't try help? If I knew the angora was going to be replaced by another long haired breed I wouldn't of said anything on here, I'd of let the rabbit stay in the shop to prove to them no one wants the breed, and to stop them getting more.

antigone
29-06-2011, 09:19 PM
They bought this angora because it was in a bad condition, yes it will be replaced by another rabbit but not another long haired one. This particular rabbit is more at risk than the others due to it's fur and eating problems, that's why I'm trying to get it out of there.

Are you telling me if you saw a rabbit in a very bad condition you wouldn't try help? If I knew the angora was going to be replaced by another long haired breed I wouldn't of said anything on here, I'd of let the rabbit stay in the shop to prove to them no one wants the breed, and to stop them getting more.

There is no way I would buy a bunny from a pet shop or a breeder. It is against my principles to fund cruelty. The only way to stop people making a profit from other creatures' misery is to vote with the wallet.

jackyshouse
29-06-2011, 09:25 PM
i would buy it if i had the room but at the mo i dont......poor thing really hope summat comes up for him :love:

DemiS
29-06-2011, 09:25 PM
There is no way I would buy a bunny from a pet shop or a breeder. It is against my principles to fund cruelty. The only way to stop people making a profit from other creatures' misery is to vote with the wallet.

So if you saw a rabbit in great pain, horrible condition, and you knew you could help, you'd just leave it there to die? What about if the pet shop actually rescued it in this condition, and all their other rabbits were very well looked after?

They rescued this rabbit because of the bad state it was in, they didn't buy it to make money they were trying to help the poor thing

No way am I not going to try help this rabbit, if it goes to the wrong home it's going to end up badly matted to the point it could restrict movement, but if an experienced person came by and tried to help by taking the rabbit home, it's cruel :?

antigone
29-06-2011, 09:29 PM
So if you saw a rabbit in great pain, horrible condition, and you knew you could help, you'd just leave it there to die? What about if the pet shop actually rescued it in this condition, and all their other rabbits were very well looked after?

They rescued this rabbit because of the bad state it was in, they didn't buy it to make money they were trying to help the poor thing

No way am I going to try help this rabbit, if it goes to the wrong home it's going to end up badly matted to the point it could restrict movement

I think I have already answered your question. I'd rather give money to a rescue than fund breeders and petshops. :wave:
Petshops that rescue and sell; isn't it a contradiction? :?

jackyshouse
29-06-2011, 09:30 PM
No way am I not going to try help this rabbit, :?

ermmmmmmmmm

jackyshouse
29-06-2011, 09:31 PM
hey come on everyone is entitled to their opinion no use arguing over the poor bunny :D:D:D

DemiS
29-06-2011, 09:32 PM
ermmmmmmmmm

I meant no way am I NOT going to help :oops:

DemiS
29-06-2011, 09:35 PM
I think I have already answered your question. I'd rather give money to a rescue than fund breeders and petshops. :wave:
Petshops that rescue and sell; isn't it a contradiction? :?

I'd much rather support rescues than breeders, but here's a rabbit who was rescued, and now needs to go to an experienced home, I'm trying to help rather than landing the problem with a rescue, and I know a fair few people on here have rabbits 'rescued' from pet shops.

I know how against pet shops and breeders some of you are, but I don't understand how you could just leave a rabbit that really needs help. This bun is not going to be replaced by another long haired one

antigone
29-06-2011, 09:37 PM
I'd much rather support rescues than breeders, but here's a rabbit who was rescued, and now needs to go to an experienced home, I'm trying to help rather than landing the problem with a rescue, and I know a fair few people on here have rabbits 'rescued' from pet shops.

I know how against pet shops and breeders some of you are, but I don't understand how you could just leave a rabbit that really needs help. This bun is not going to be replaced by another long haired one

As I have already said, I have answered your question. I'd rather leave this thread now. :wave:

jackyshouse
29-06-2011, 09:38 PM
I meant no way am I NOT going to help :oops:

lol.....i figured that just trying to lighten a bit.......i really wish i could help him i dont live that far but i dont have a hutch so sigh :D:D:D:D

DemiS
29-06-2011, 09:40 PM
lol.....i figured that just trying to lighten a bit.......i really wish i could help him i dont live that far but i dont have a hutch so sigh :D:D:D:D

Don't worry about it, I wish I could take him home too but it's not possible, besides I think we may have found someone ;)

jackyshouse
29-06-2011, 09:41 PM
awwww that's good news :D:love:

Grin
29-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Best of luck - i hope he finds a home that can deal with his needs. x

DemiS
29-06-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm going to try track down the breeder, does anyone here live near Clitheroe?

Snowy
29-06-2011, 10:14 PM
I'm going to try track down the breeder, does anyone here live near Clitheroe?

And what will happen to the bunny then? and you say you are trying to help it?

Georgeypudding
29-06-2011, 10:41 PM
Hope you can find a home for this lovely boy, I'd take him but my parents would kill me :oops: :lol:

Tuckerbunnies
29-06-2011, 10:42 PM

I certainly would and have done in the past, Angel and Gypsy were pet shop buns needing treatment and Cloud was, sadly Cloud died in January.

littleboots
29-06-2011, 10:50 PM
I certainly would and have done in the past, Angel and Gypsy were pet shop buns needing treatment and Cloud was, sadly Cloud died in January.

I agree... whilst I have never bought a bun from a pet shop that does not mean I would ever turn my back on one that was in need in a pet shop.
No matter how it got there.. this bun is obviously in need of a caring home and at the end of the day... poor little mite deserves a proper life!

helgalush
29-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Where did the pet shop rescue him from? (sorry if I have missed this earlier in the thread). Are they going to homecheck any future home, and neuter him so he cannot be bred from?

I really hope that he gets the right home and one that he deserves, and not one where he will be neglected. But to be honest this is the responsibility of the pet shop, but generally pet shops dont homecheck and fully vet buyers/adopters. If the pet shop were to neuter and vaccinate him then that would also be a big help as that would prevent more angoras being bred and put in the same position.

All this said I agree with you that he deserves a great home and I have followed this thread as best I can to see if ther are any updates, and I really hope there is one soon.

Good luck with trying to find a suitable home for him.

leanne2525
30-06-2011, 07:55 AM
awww poor bun, this pet shop wouldnt happen to be in a garden centre in tingley would it ? if so i know it and they buy buns for pennies at clitheroe auction and knock them out to make a profit

DemiS
30-06-2011, 07:56 AM
And what will happen to the bunny then? and you say you are trying to help it?

The rabbit is not going back to the breeder, I'm trying to report them

jackyshouse
30-06-2011, 08:01 AM
ahhhhhhhhhhh auctions i hate them......

Azraelm
30-06-2011, 08:50 AM
Would the pet shop give him away for free Demi? I'm sure someone would take him then. It's irresponsible to sell Angoras- it is highly unlikely he will get taken care of properly :(

jackyshouse
30-06-2011, 08:53 AM
you will only be there till tomorrow wont ya demi so i hope things go well for this bunny :love::love:

leanne2525
30-06-2011, 09:31 AM
in my opinion its unlikly they would give this rabbit away, i know this pet shop and few times i met woman who runs it she seems only to care about a profit and breeding more babies to sell she goes to auctions to pick up cheap bunnies to breed or sell (well she did when i spoke to her) :( i hope the rabbit gets a home asap from there

littleboots
30-06-2011, 09:42 AM
it is very unlikly they would give this rabbit away, i know this pet shop and few times i met woman who runs it she seems only to care about a profit and breeding more babies to sell she goes to auctions to pick up cheap bunnies to breed or sell (well she did when i spoke to her) :( i hope the rabbit gets a home asap from there

Thats awful :( Im not actually sure where this shop is but what a terrible woman she sounds:(
I think in this situation.. your damned if you do and damned if you dont and while I would never want to line her pockets... I probably would pay for the bunny just to get it out of there...:oops: I would also tell this woman in no uncertain terms that should I ever see one like this again I would be reporting her in an instance...
I just hope someone takes this little bun and gives it the love and care it deserves.

littleboots
30-06-2011, 09:17 PM
If I remember... its your last day tomorrow :(
Any news on the little guy

Azraelm
01-07-2011, 09:44 AM
Any news Demi?

littleboots
01-07-2011, 06:24 PM
bump

Snowy
01-07-2011, 07:36 PM
Any news?

DemiS
01-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Yes, someone from the forum has been to have a look and are going back to pick it up :) Or if that fails there are three other people who have PMed me offering help :D Thanks a lot guys!

helgalush
01-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Sounds hopeful! :wave:

littleboots
01-07-2011, 08:01 PM
Thats good.... Hope he will soon be out of there..
Is he reserved for them then?
Just hoping they get there before they sell him:(

jackyshouse
02-07-2011, 09:47 AM
thats good news:D:D

02-07-2011, 09:54 AM
aww that's great demi. :D Well done! :) Hope the person will be sharing pics! :)

FluffyBun
02-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Aw I'd not come on here for a while and just caught this. If I'd seen it sooner, would also be happy to have him - I'm in Yorkshire and have 3 angora boys.

If any more come up, don't hesitate to get hold of me here.

xxx

Snowy
02-07-2011, 03:35 PM
Any news on this bunny yet?

DemiS
02-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Any news on this bunny yet?

Yes it should be picked up this week:)

DemiS
02-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Aw I'd not come on here for a while and just caught this. If I'd seen it sooner, would also be happy to have him - I'm in Yorkshire and have 3 angora boys.

If any more come up, don't hesitate to get hold of me here.

xxx

Thanks for the offer, would love to see some pics of your angora's :)

littleboots
02-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Saw him today..
Im shocked!:cry:

Snowy
02-07-2011, 09:04 PM
Yes it should be picked up this week:)

Oh that's great, who is having him?

DemiS
02-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Saw him today..
Im shocked!:cry:

Aww, did you ask anyone about him? And are you local, I hardly know anyone around here?

Oh that's great, who is having him?

They don't want to be named at the moment but they have experience and I'm sure will give him a wonderful home :D

littleboots
02-07-2011, 11:21 PM
Aww, did you ask anyone about him? And are you local, I hardly know anyone around here?

They don't want to be named at the moment but they have experience and I'm sure will give him a wonderful home :D

Oh yes... cant print on here what I thought..
Im so cross:evil:
They need reporting!!!

Snowy
02-07-2011, 11:56 PM
Oh yes... cant print on here what I thought..
Im so cross:evil:
They need reporting!!!

Was it that bad then?

littleboots
03-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Was it that bad then?

The bunny certainly is :evil:
and the staff.... knew nothing!!!!!

DemiS
03-07-2011, 01:37 PM
The bunny certainly is :evil:
and the staff.... knew nothing!!!!!

Don't worry he'll be out of there very soon
As I said in the PM the two people that deal with the rabbits weren't there the day you went in, I'll certainly talk to the one who was there though!

Snowy
03-07-2011, 10:37 PM
I really hope it is soon, by the sounds of it he needs urgent help, when are they going to collect him?

hurricanhoney
04-07-2011, 07:10 AM
Please keep us updated poor bun :(

Hoppla
04-07-2011, 07:55 AM
Just saw this, but don't live near yorkshire.

Has he been saved yet???

If the people who usually.deal with the bunnies weren't there, who is stopping those member of staff who were there and obviously clueless from selling him to any random kid who comes in and wants him as a toy?

leanne2525
04-07-2011, 08:43 AM
i guess if he aint reserved any one can just buy him, ill take a walk round later see if his still there

Snowy
04-07-2011, 09:04 AM
i guess if he aint reserved any one can just buy him, ill take a walk round later see if his still there

But demismith said that someone from the forum had been to see him and was going back to pick him up, and if they didn't want him then 3 other people were interested in him

So I take it that is not happening now then? nobody was interested in him

leanne2525
04-07-2011, 09:07 AM
i dont know whats happening, if he has been reserved for people then maybe he has been put out bk till they come back, if he still on shop floor then any one could buy him :-( i go round later and have look

littleboots
04-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Just a question..
If this shop as you put it "bought the rabbit in bad condition" , why havent they done anything to improve his condition before they "display" him for sale
:( and please do not say he was fit to be sold.... he wasnt :(

leanne2525
04-07-2011, 02:25 PM
Just a question..
If this shop as you put it "bought the rabbit in bad condition" , why havent they done anything to improve his condition before they "display" him for sale

they had a conti in there once with snot all round her nose when i asked the person who deals with rabbits was she ill she said she was fine and just got her from auction and was not for sale as she would be breeding her to sell babies in shop :(

DemiS
04-07-2011, 04:01 PM
Just a question..

They did trim the fur underneith and on his legs, but I guess none of them have experience grooming long haired rabbits, even I couldn't get some of the matts out. I'm not going to slag them off on a public forum, if I do get the oppertunity to go back I would like to, to try improve conditions and advise the public

Hopefully the new owner is collecting the bun tommorow :)

04-07-2011, 04:02 PM
They did trim the fur underneith and on his legs, but I guess none of them have experience grooming long haired rabbits, even I couldn't get some of the matts out. I'm not going to slag them off on a public forum, if I do get the oppertunity to go back I would like to, to try improve conditions and advise the public

Great news :love:

littleboots
04-07-2011, 06:16 PM

:shock::shock:

and sorry but there is absolutley NO excuse for this..
Its not slagging them off either... you havent named them... and if you had... they deserve slagging off!

DemiS
04-07-2011, 08:18 PM
:shock::shock:

and sorry but there is absolutley NO excuse for this..
Its not slagging them off either... you havent named them... and if you had... they deserve slagging off!

Was the shocked face at the hopefully? They ARE picking up the rabbit, most likely tommorow :) but of course we're only human and things can pop up that we can't do anything about

I know they haven't been named but it's the only pet shop in the immediate area and probably the only pet shop with an angora for miles. I was told there was a breeder who didn't like the competition and kept reporting them to the local council, they regularly visit and have said it's fine so there's not much else that can be done really :\ , but I'm hoping to get the chance to go back

jackyshouse
04-07-2011, 08:45 PM
i hope the little guy has a better future soon :love::love::love:

littleboots
04-07-2011, 09:11 PM
Was the shocked face at the hopefully? They ARE picking up the rabbit, most likely tommorow :) but of course we're only human and things can pop up that we can't do anything about

I know they haven't been named but it's the only pet shop in the immediate area and probably the only pet shop with an angora for miles. I was told there was a breeder who didn't like the competition and kept reporting them to the local council, they regularly visit and have said it's fine so there's not much else that can be done really :\ , but I'm hoping to get the chance to go back

Have they actually seen him

DemiS
04-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Have they actually seen him

Yes they've been in

happysaz133
04-07-2011, 09:42 PM
Hope this little bunny ends up in a good place :wave:

Snowy
04-07-2011, 10:08 PM
Yes they've been in

What concerns me is the fact that the pet shop took this rabbit in, it is in a dreadful condition and they have done nothing about it, they have put it on sale in a dreadful condition, someone who prefers to remain nameless has been in and see the state of it and yet they left it there in that condition in a glass tank in this heat

You wonder why people are shocked, that is not how rabbits should be treated, it is inexcusable :evil::evil:

That poor, poor rabbit :cry::cry:

DemiS
04-07-2011, 10:18 PM
What concerns me is the fact that the pet shop took this rabbit in, it is in a dreadful condition and they have done nothing about it, they have put it on sale in a dreadful condition, someone who prefers to remain nameless has been in and see the state of it and yet they left it there in that condition in a glass tank in this heat

You wonder why people are shocked, that is not how rabbits should be treated, it is inexcusable :evil::evil:

They don't want their name to be mentioned because of earlier comments in the thread about saving rabbits from pet shops being cruel. They came to see what the rabbit was actually like, and went home to have a think about if they could take on another bun and see if they could make some room :wave:

Bluesmum
04-07-2011, 10:22 PM

^^^^^This

DemiS
04-07-2011, 10:31 PM
Please don't have a go at the person trying to help, she was the first to offer and the first to have a look at the rabbit even though she doesn't live near by, I'm sure a lot of people on here know her. We don't know her individual situation and I'm sure most people on here would have discussions and make room before taking on another rabbit

04-07-2011, 10:39 PM
Please don't have a go at the person trying to help, she was the first to offer and the first to have a look at the rabbit even though she doesn't live near by, I'm sure a lot of people on here know her. We don't know her individual situation and I'm sure most people on here would have discussions and make room before taking on another rabbit

I agree. :)

Along with demi, the person getting the bunny out of the situation is the person doing the best thing in all of this! :) Having a go at them isn't helping at all, the person getting the bunny is the bigger person in all this. :D

littleboots
04-07-2011, 10:40 PM

Youve got to see where people are coming from though Demi...

DemiS
05-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Youve got to see where people are coming from though Demi...

What I was getting at though was you'd also been in and seen the rabbit and left it, we don't all have the space and money to take a rabbit home as soon as we see one in need

The person went in to see the rabbit today and its gone. I just hope it was someone else on the forum that got him, I'm going to try contact someone today and find out what happened

helgalush
05-07-2011, 05:45 PM
I thought someone from here was definitely going to pick him up?

And I thought there were also 3 other offers of a home for him from members on here if that one fell through?

I dont understand whats gone wrong...perhaps I am being a bit thick, but it all seemed definite that he was going to be rehomed.

DemiS
05-07-2011, 05:48 PM
I thought someone from here was definitely going to pick him up?

And I thought there were also 3 other offers of a home for him from members on here if that one fell through?

I dont understand whats gone wrong...perhaps I am being a bit thick, but it all seemed definite that he was going to be rehomed.

They went today to pick up the bun and the staff said it had already gone, that's as much as I know

leanne2525
05-07-2011, 05:56 PM
I guess at end of day they are there to make money and sell to first person who makes them offer

DemiS
05-07-2011, 06:03 PM
I guess at end of day they are there to make money and sell to first person who makes them offer

True, I really hope he's gone to a good home

leanne2525
05-07-2011, 06:06 PM
Do we know if he is 100% sold? Could he have been moved out back to groom him before they sell? Is it worth ringing them to see

DemiS
05-07-2011, 06:08 PM
Do we know if he is 100% sold? Could he have been moved out back to groom him before they sell? Is it worth ringing them to see

The person who was going to get him said the staff told them it had been sold, I have sent a message to one of the staff members asking about the people buying and if grooming was explained though

chelle
05-07-2011, 06:10 PM
:?:( Im sad to hear that we dont know what has happened....BUT hopefully someone from here has managed to get him, and saved his life.
His condition sounded aweful.

It doesnt matter where a bun is saved from....its making a difference to that animals life.:)

I do hope, wherever he is, that he is ok...

littleboots
05-07-2011, 06:31 PM
What I was getting at though was you'd also been in and seen the rabbit and left it, we don't all have the space and money to take a rabbit home as soon as we see one in need

The person went in to see the rabbit today and its gone. I just hope it was someone else on the forum that got him, I'm going to try contact someone today and find out what happened

That would be fair point.... if it were true.
I know you have tried to help get this bun out of that hell hole... and obviously in a way... you have.
You stated last week when I pmd you that this bun was sorted and yet when I made a special trip there on Saturday... the poor lad was there... in a glass tank....for sale to anyone, in unbearable heat, not with the odd matt.... but with matts that covered his little body from HEAD to TOE !!!!!!! You also stated he wasnt eating much... no wonder... he was being strangled by the choking mats around his throat!!!!

As for the person who wants to remain unamed... Im not suprised!!!!
How ANYONE could leave that rabbit in that condition and go home to THINK about it is beyond me...knowing full well that any tom **** or harry could have walked in and bought him in the meantime... Disgusting!!!

Ive not been "allowed" to say anything until now but I wasnt like the namless person... I got him out of there as fast as I could..... No questions asked... Could I look after him? They didnt give a hoot!!!!

I will post a thread as soon as I can... and you can all see for yourselves...all I can say is this little lad is with me, safe, shaved, happy and eating for england.

Thankyou Demi for bringing this to our attention.... this is one rabbit that is now safe and not suffering anymore.

Bluesmum
05-07-2011, 06:35 PM
I'm glad that someone has him who will look after him.
I hope he can find a new lease of life soon.

Evangeline
05-07-2011, 06:36 PM
Glad to hear the bun is with you littleboots. Poor thing.

helgalush
05-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Thank goodness Littleboots, I am so relieved if you have him. Please post pics I would love to see him in his new forever home.

I agree that there was given the clear and definite impression on this thread that this bun was definitely sorted with a home...:?

DemiS
05-07-2011, 06:43 PM
That would be fair point.... if it were true.
I know you have tried to help get this bun out of that hell hole... and obviously in a way... you have.
You stated last week when I pmd you that this bun was sorted and yet when I made a special trip there on Saturday... the poor lad was there... in a glass tank....for sale to anyone, in unbearable heat, not with the odd matt.... but with matts that covered his little body from HEAD to TOE !!!!!!! You also stated he wasnt eating much... no wonder... he was being strangled by the choking mats around his throat!!!!

As for the person who wants to remain unamed... Im not suprised!!!!
How ANYONE could leave that rabbit in that condition and go home to THINK about it is beyond me...knowing full well that any tom **** or harry could have walked in and bought him in the meantime... Disgusting!!!

Ive not been "allowed" to say anything until now but I wasnt like the namless person... I got him out of there as fast as I could..... No questions asked... Could I look after him? They didnt give a hoot!!!!

I will post a thread as soon as I can... and you can all see for yourselves...all I can say is this little lad is with me, safe, shaved, happy and eating for england.

Thankyou Demi for bringing this to our attention.... this is one rabbit that is now safe and not suffering anymore.

I did believe it was sorted, they were going back to pick up the rabbit and the staff said it wasn't going anywhere

All I can say is thank goodness he's with you! I can't believe I didn't spot the matt around his neck, I spent a good three hours on him but I was mainly concentrating on the bits around the legs, that's what you usually hear about, matted buns having problems moving :(

hurricanhoney
05-07-2011, 06:46 PM
Well done Littleboots for getting the bun out. Looking forward to piccies I love long haired buns.

leanne2525
05-07-2011, 06:51 PM
im glad you got him :)

DemiS
05-07-2011, 06:52 PM
By the way did they tell you what food he was on?

05-07-2011, 06:54 PM
Thank goodness he's with you Littleboots, I was worried when Demi said he'd gone. Well done to you and demi. :D

littleboots
05-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Well done Littleboots for getting the bun out. Looking forward to piccies I love long buns. I don't understand why you have not been allowed to say surely you are entitled to say if you have the bunny :?

Hes not a long haired bun anymore... :( but hes happier for it
I couldnt say for certain reasons... which I will explain when I put pics up..
He is also VERY underweight:cry:

littleboots
05-07-2011, 06:56 PM
By the way did they tell you what food he was on?

You really are kidding me arent you!!

I honestly wouldnt even buy a plant from that place....

leanne2525
05-07-2011, 07:00 PM
to be fair most stock they buy in is from auction so i doubt it comes to them in good state and they just try sell it on :(

DemiS
05-07-2011, 07:08 PM
You really are kidding me arent you!!

I honestly wouldnt even buy a plant from that place....

I can completely understand you not wanting to support them but the rabbit was on medicated food, putting him on to new pellets (I assume non-medicated) and during the stress of moving could really upset his stomach

littleboots
05-07-2011, 07:21 PM
I can completely understand you not wanting to support them but the rabbit was on medicated food, putting him on to new pellets (I assume non-medicated) and during the stress of moving could really upset his stomach

Sorry..... I dont mean to sound rude.... but please dont preach to me!

Im very angry as it is, that this rabbit has gone through what hes gone through...
I wouldnt feed anything, that rubbish that they had in that shop!
He also likes water and hay.... which he didnt have in there !!!!!!!!!!!He has been here since Saturday.... is now on a PROPER diet.... is loving it and also loving his greens which hed never had and he is thriving!
The stress in his life was being in that hell hole..... not moving.
He has settled in wonderfully and he is an extremley clean boy.

DemiS
05-07-2011, 07:27 PM
Sorry..... I dont mean to sound rude.... but please dont preach to me!

Im very angry as it is, that this rabbit has gone through what hes gone through...
I wouldnt feed anything, that rubbish that they had in that shop!
He also likes water and hay.... which he didnt have in there !!!!!!!!!!!He has been here since Saturday.... is now on a PROPER diet.... is loving it and also loving his greens which hed never had and he is thriving!
The stress in his life was being in that hell hole..... not moving.
He has settled in wonderfully and he is an extremley clean boy.

Yes I know he's in a much better place, I was only concerned as rabbits are often very delicate with food changes, I imagine even more when coming off medicated pellets

Maybe you should report them to the council (If you haven't already), like I said they've already visited and said everythings fine but if you explain the rabbits situation? I don't suppose you have pictures of the rabbits state or lack of water\hay?

MissMinnie
05-07-2011, 07:33 PM
Well done to Littleboots for helping this bunny. :D

Tamsin
05-07-2011, 07:40 PM
Please keep it calm and polite. Remember know ones know how experienced a random person they met on the internet is so people aren't deliberately talking down to you, they are just making sure you are aware of potential issues.

Making slow changes is a valid point, sometimes taking a bun from poor conditions and putting it in perfect ones can do harm. Not just sudden diet changes but even giving a rabbit that has been confined and hasn't built up muscle tone a lot of space can cause problems.

I'm glad to hear the bunny is doing well though :)

HeatherandBenjy
05-07-2011, 07:57 PM
Just really glad that the little rabbit is safe and in a good home. :)

littleboots
05-07-2011, 08:03 PM
Demi... Why was he on "medicated" food?

Jack's-Jane
05-07-2011, 08:07 PM
Demi... Why was he on "medicated" food?

Probably one with an added coccidiostat

So it may be an idea to go very, very carefully re any dietary changes. Personally I would not feed any Veg at all, at least not for the first few days.

I'd try to get as much fibre (hay, hay and more hay) into him and if a new pelleted feed is given I'd only give a tiny amount at first.

I'd probably give Fibreplex too

I hope he will soon be back to full fitness :)

DemiS
05-07-2011, 08:10 PM
So it may be an idea to go very, very carefully re any dietary changes. Personally I would not feed any Veg at all, at least not for the first few days.

I'd try to get as much fibre (hay, hay and more hay) into him and if a new pelleted feed is given I'd only give a tiny amount at first.

Yes :wave: ACS I believe (Mixed with rabbit royale), some people use it rather than treating with coxoid or similar

Captain Helen
05-07-2011, 08:34 PM
Poor bun :( I'm so happy he's with you now! :) Well done for helping him xx

antigone
05-07-2011, 09:13 PM
Well done, Littleboots for helping the poor bunny. :wave:

littleboots
05-07-2011, 09:14 PM

Thanks Jane.... thats what Ive done.
Hes now on proper food and limited greens.
Can you believe the staff had an argument infront of me about letting me have some of the food he had been on:shock:
As I got to the door one said... why did you give her that food (it was 1.99).... we could have sold that!!!!!!!!

helgalush
05-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Were they really interested in "rescuing" him at all? I dont think so. They were just interested in making a profit. Reading between the lines, they seemed to have very little regard for his welfare, beyond combing his matts out to make him look alright. :roll:

littleboots
05-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Demi... a sneak peek for you ...:)
Ill put a thread up tomorrow

http://i923.photobucket.com/albums/ad78/junecalder/settled_in_001.jpg

Maizey
05-07-2011, 09:23 PM

Im in love :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love: What a little cutie pie xxxxxxx

clutterydrawer
05-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Awww he's a sweetie :love: Hope he does well. Are we allowed to know which pet shop it is.....or at least a broad hint as to area? I still use Leeds pet shops sometimes :?

littleboots
05-07-2011, 09:29 PM
Awww he's a sweetie :love: Hope he does well. Are we allowed to know which pet shop it is.....or at least a broad hint as to area? I still use Leeds pet shops sometimes :?

Cant really say.... its a garden centre/nursery.... rather than a pet shop

clutterydrawer
Cant really say.... its a garden centre/nursery.... rather than a pet shop

Oh cool, I don't use any of those :) thanks x

DemiS
Bless him, he looks so different! Is he like a carpet underneith?

It's part of a garden centre, Wakefield not Leeds

jackyshouse
05-07-2011, 09:34 PM
demi u did well drawing our attention to this bunny in the first place hun and littleboots well done for helping him have a better life :love::love::love:

littleboots
05-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Bless him, he looks so different! Is he like a carpet underneith?
It's part of a garden centre, Wakefield not Leeds

Not now... hes all smooth and lovely.:)

HorseyHolly
05-07-2011, 09:38 PM
Awwww, so glad someone experienced got him- he is so cute :love:

newbabybuns
05-07-2011, 09:47 PM

:love::love::love: what a sweetie!!

Well done for getting him out of there, it sounds like a horrendous place and he certainly needed rescuing from it.

Captain Helen
05-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Aww! What a gorgeous little ball of fluff! :love:

DemiS
05-07-2011, 09:55 PM

You think he's fluffy now you should of seen him before!

littleboots
05-07-2011, 09:59 PM

Hes nearly bald now..... wait til you see the before pics!
A lovely lady from this forum travelled over 340 miles in a day to help me get this little lad comfy!

antigone
05-07-2011, 10:01 PM
[/B]

A lovely lady from this forum travelled over 340 miles in a day to help me get this little lad comfy!

I think I know who the 'lovely lady' is. ;)
Well done to you and the lovely lady. :D

Evangeline
05-07-2011, 10:07 PM
Hes gorgeous, he doesn't look real at all :(

Well done everyone involved in helping this bun :love:

Captain Helen
05-07-2011, 10:13 PM
[/B]

Aww, that's such a lovely thing to do! :love:

helgalush
05-07-2011, 10:14 PM
[/B]

:love::love:

hurricanhoney
05-07-2011, 10:43 PM
[/B]

I think I can guess too. Well done to all involved. Looking forward to the before pics.

Babsie
06-07-2011, 07:40 AM
Whatever the ins and outs of this, the important thing is that Littleboots was kind enough to rescue this poor bunny from dreadful conditions and that someone else was caring enough to travel all those miles to help sort out his matted coat. He looks a lovely boy and I know that he will have excellent care, coupled with a lot of love.

littleboots
06-07-2011, 11:20 AM
Thanks everyone...
Ive put some pics in stories and photos for anyone who wants to look