• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

have to leave work in ten minutes but am worried to leave!

crazyames

Warren Scout
It looks like it's going to be a hot day today and I'm worried it may be too hot for the rabbits in the hutch. I've put two towel covered frozen bottles in along with a tile we put in the fridge and have also put wet white towels over the outside of the hutch. Will this be okay? If not, what else can I do?

They should be fine :) Do they have a run?It might be cooler in there where the air can circulate, as long as its in the shade

They should be fine :) Do they have a run?It might be cooler in there where the air can circulate, as long as its in the shade

yup, there's a secure run that I've put a blanket over for shade as well as an extra bowl of water for drinking. (even though Frankie likes to wallow in it like a hippo)

:) Id do exactly what you have done...loads bowls of water & frozen bottles & a slab of marble/cold tiles...hope they are ok.....not sure what else to suggest...:?;)

You could wet a sheet or blanket (make sure it doesnt drip though) and hang it over the wire of the run if there is a breeze....this creates a cool breeze through the wet blanket/sheet...but of course once it dries it wont help much except for extra shade..if its reflects the heat and doesnt absorb it.

We are on holiday in Majorca and it is about 35oC. I cNt stop thinking about how I would keep the rabbits cool living here!! I need to switch off the rabbit half of my brain I think:oops:

Back