• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Requesting pictures of "natural" runs PICS POST 14

Last edited:
Im sorry i dont have nay pics...but would love to help design something like this...I love doing things like that! SO EXCITING!:lol::D:D:D

Id try and perhaps do a tunnel and then put down grass over the top - so it creates a little tunnel in a hill kinda thing...obviously youd need to have something for the grass to grow on...so would have to be meshed with grass over the top ...;)

Just checking...is the "natural enclosures" on paving? OR on meshed soil/grass?

Just to give us an idea of what type of base you having as some ideas wont work etc....;)

Last edited:
I used to have a woodchipped run and it never stank. But this was because the buns always used one spot to pee and poo in so I just installed a covered litter tray in that area. The run is now grassed and they still use the same spot to pee in.

I used to have a woodchipped run and it never stank. But this was because the buns always used one spot to pee and poo in so I just installed a covered litter tray in that area. The run is now grassed and they still use the same spot to pee in.

Oooh, Im thinking of getting a cover cat litter tray thingy. Did you leave the door on yours or take it off?

Im sorry i dont have nay pics...but would love to help design something like this...I love doing things like that! SO EXCITING!:lol::D:D:D

Id try and perhaps do a tunnel and then put down grass over the top - so it creates a little tunnel in a hill kinda thing...obviously youd need to have something for the grass to grow on...so would have to be meshed with grass over the top ...;)

Just to give us an idea of what type of base you having as some ideas wont work etc....;)

The run is 6x4 (hoping to get 8x4 eventually) and its on concrete. I cant put grass down, so have to work with what i have. 4x2ft at the back of the run is wood rather than mesh so they have some shelter. The other 4x4ft is mesh. The catflap is in the middle of the 6ft side.

Today i bought loadsa soil, some bark chips, a plastic plant pot a willow border thing that goes around your lawn (theyve started chewing the wood at the back! :roll:), i also have 3 2ft(ish) willow logs. I have a green bunny warren i can incorporate too.

The run also has one of those shelters with the door that opens to make a ramp, i dont know if i should keep it in or take it out.

Also have some hasp and staple things to i can actually fix the run to the shed adn they can have 24 7 access.

Is that enough for you to be getting on with? :lol: Im tempted to just get on with it now while the weather is nice, i start my new job tomorrow :(

The run is 6x4 (hoping to get 8x4 eventually) and its on concrete. I cant put grass down, so have to work with what i have. 4x2ft at the back of the run is wood rather than mesh so they have some shelter. The other 4x4ft is mesh. The catflap is in the middle of the 6ft side.

Today i bought loadsa soil, some bark chips, a plastic plant pot a willow border thing that goes around your lawn (theyve started chewing the wood at the back! :roll:), i also have 3 2ft(ish) willow logs. I have a green bunny warren i can incorporate too.

The run also has one of those shelters with the door that opens to make a ramp, i dont know if i should keep it in or take it out.

Also have some hasp and staple things to i can actually fix the run to the shed adn they can have 24 7 access.

Is that enough for you to be getting on with? :lol: Im tempted to just get on with it now while the weather is nice, i start my new job tomorrow :(

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Yeah - just do it! You sound like oyu have loads & loads of stuff to put in...you can always re-arrange and change bits when you see what they enjoy doing...my run is 6X4...and I only have a cardboard box and 2 willow bendy branch things in there cause they LOVE to binky...anything else just takes up their play space.....I do sometimes put their tunnel or a couple of toys in...but I change them round. Mine is also on paving.

id really like a sandpit/bark pit or something for them to dig in...but its just space really.....hopefully one day I will have a bigger play area....that I can "decorate" and its not my dining room!:lol::lol::lol:

You can hang those hay balls things - mine enjoy having to pull the hayout....even a cardboard box with loads hay in for them to jump in...under the protected bit so the hay stays dry!

umm.....PICCIES! if youve already done it all!:wave:

Wow Sophia, that sounds awesome! Will definitely need piccies! ;) It's so great to see/hear of everyone's bunny areas so I can think about how I'm going to make my area once I have my baby! :D

ahh the place by me is doing roll out grass £2.50 a roll i may try the tunnel with grass idea :)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Yeah - just do it! You sound like oyu have loads & loads of stuff to put in...you can always re-arrange and change bits when you see what they enjoy doing...my run is 6X4...and I only have a cardboard box and 2 willow bendy branch things in there cause they LOVE to binky...anything else just takes up their play space.....I do sometimes put their tunnel or a couple of toys in...but I change them round. Mine is also on paving.

id really like a sandpit/bark pit or something for them to dig in...but its just space really.....hopefully one day I will have a bigger play area....that I can "decorate" and its not my dining room!:lol::lol::lol:

You can hang those hay balls things - mine enjoy having to pull the hayout....even a cardboard box with loads hay in for them to jump in...under the protected bit so the hay stays dry!

umm.....PICCIES! if youve already done it all!:wave:

Yeah ive done it, let them out to have a play in it and then realised!! :shock::shock::shock:

...There were white pellets in the soil, looked at the bag and realised they put the wrong bags in the car!!! It had added "grow" something or other in it.

They dont eat the soil, but im not taking the chance, rounded them up and locked the cat flap. Ill have to see if they will exchance the other bags as they were all 3 for £10 and ive only opened one.

Got pictures though :) They dont really binky much in the run, theyre used to having a big room to do it in, so i thought the combination of soil, bark, concrete etc would make things more interesting for them and help keep them cool. Ill upload some pictures, just need to get them off hte camera.

Sorry about the poor quality! :shock:

GEDC0934.jpg

GEDC0938.jpg

Back