• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

poor buns its so hot

beccimarie

Mama Doe
its so so hot here and its only 9 o clock, they have ice cubes, ice pad and all areas are shaded but the air is so hot they are both just flopped out on there bed bless them.. anyone else use anything different i could maybe try?

Having the same problem here. Biscuit seems okay, but Ginger is really suffering.

We have an old ceramic tile in their dog crate, but they tend to ignore it :roll:

I went out in the car at 8:10am and it was 23 already :shock:

Having the same problem here. Biscuit seems okay, but Ginger is really suffering.

We have an old ceramic tile in their dog crate, but they tend to ignore it :roll:

I went out in the car at 8:10am and it was 23 already :shock:

26 here at the moment :shock: so hot, they have cool slabs in there run but they have both decided to go into there fluffy bed :roll:

just ice pods and i put a big box of compost in the run which they seem to like..
yesterday i filled a clean litter tray with and inch of water and buddy 'paddled' with just his front feet quite a lot, the girls gave it a wide berth! :lol:

I gave them a big cold bottle of water to lay against which Noby just head butted about:roll: then ignored it & gave them a fine spritz with the water spray we were using to keep cool.:)

just ice pods and i put a big box of compost in the run which they seem to like..
yesterday i filled a clean litter tray with and inch of water and buddy 'paddled' with just his front feet quite a lot, the girls gave it a wide berth! :lol:

Like the paddling pool idea...can see OH not being keen when the buns run indoors with wet footsies!:lol::lol:...and of course wearing their swimming costumes & boardies!:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I think if I find spritz mine they will run a mile...:lol::lol::lol::lol:...might try though....:lol:...mind you - it may be an idea to spray the patio where the run is & cool the paving down.....or ( I suggested this in another thread) - wet a sheet or towel or something & hang it over their runs if there is a breeze....it cools the air down and creates a cooler breeze through the wet sheet.

Otherwise frozen bottles, icepods, lotsa bowls of water and cool tiles or marbles slabs....:)

I had a really nice granite chopping board that seems to have now migrated into the aviary. Oh well Sprocket seems to like it.;)

Bloomin' cold in the Kingdom of Spenser. :( I went out in a teeshirt and have come back with blue hands!:shock:

Back