• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

RAVING about the Furminator!!

Have you tried the FURMINATOR on your buns?

• Yes and I love it

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Yes but I dont rate it very highly

Votes: 7 19.4%
  • No, but I am thinking about it

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • No and I am not interested

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters
I had a bad experience with the furminater and greatly dislike it now. I used it on my buns and Rimmi developed bold patches. I was brushing away and didnt realise until I looked closer. I felt terrible. :cry:

I had a bad experience with the furminater and greatly dislike it now. I used it on my buns and Rimmi developed bold patches. I was brushing away and didnt realise until I looked closer. I felt terrible. :cry:

:shock: I joked and said this is so good, you will probably end up bald if I am not careful! I will be very careful now!

I use it for Smudge. It's good. I wouldn't say it's absolutely fantastic but better than anything else I've tried. I think Smudge's fur is just so thick nothing gets through it that easily.

I use a rubber glove on my bunnies to stroke them and the fur that wants to come away does. Don't think a furminator is necessary for normal coated rabbits and can't comment on the real furry ones.

I use it for the long haired buns and love it. What it is truly excellent for is cleaning your clothes after a big grooming session:lol::lol:

it does not work on all coats :) its trial and error really,the furminator is designed for only certain types, that why some of you like it and others dont because all the rabbits coat types are different, and should only be brushed once in one area, not go over the same spot again in one day else they can go bold :) (dog groomer) :lol: my poppy work brilliant on and i use it everyday, no bald patchs but casper has a different coat and a rubber brush works better on him

Last edited:
I have one for my cats but used in on Tinkerbell as she has terrible moults, you have to be very careful not to over groom in places because it will just strip away all the fur. I don't use it on the rabbits now I think it is a little too harsh.

I have one - it's great for my cat but I don't rate it for bunnies at all. It was far too harsh and was dragging along the fur; they didn't like the experience at all either, but don't mind a normal brush.

i have one for the dogs and it is fanrastic.. especially on jazz who has the double akita coat, it works brilliant where other brushes fail! :)

I use a rubber glove on my bunnies to stroke them and the fur that wants to come away does. Don't think a furminator is necessary for normal coated rabbits and can't comment on the real furry ones.

this rubber gloves are also good for getting the fur off your carpets, sofa etc

least a rubber glove doesnt die unlike my hoover at mo :evil:

I got one last year for the bunnies and at first thought it was great as it does get all the excess hair off very efficiently but then I found it was so easy to overgroom that I stopped using it.

We have one we use for Poppy and if used gently and not too often it is a fantastic product, especially for a long haired rabbit like her. The idea is that it removes more of the undercoat so needs to be used less often - maybe just once or twice a week.

For Nino I much preferred the rubber zoom groom (using the prickles side in a circular motion to loosen the fur and then the flat side to lift it away by static - rather like The Duchess's rubber glove) but then he was a short haired rabbit.

i use my hands and stroke or if they're moulting (see tabby rabbit. enough hair on my living room floor to knit a twinset and sell off to buy the pearls) i give a gentle pull. madam likes to be attended in the evening and her loose hair removed. sir, on the other hand, has shifted all his hair and has a lovely smooth summer coat, but wanted a trim round the boy bits to help keep clean during the fly-risk summer phase. takes me about fifteen minutes to get the hair off me afterwards...:(

Tried one and hated it. Only used on the dogs but it was very harsh (they hated the feel of it against their body as it's very hard) and I found it just cut the top coat, however carefully I used it. Wouldn't bother using it on the buns as I prefer to use a mini-slicker on them or else I just sit them on my lap and pull out tufts by hand (hours of fun during moult season :lol:).

Yes I've got one, i think it's good for getting lots of loose hair out, although I don't use it very often. I use it more for the cats, but have used it on the buns when they are having a very heavy moult. I tried it on my pony too, but it would have taken a long time to do all of her with it!!

I have one I use it for one of my dogs, it pulls fur on the long haired dog so I would not use it on her. I prefer a zoom groom for the dogs and bunnies

Back