• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Toys for an outdoor run....?

TeflonsShadow

Wise Old Thumper
Ive never really had an outdoor run for my two, but now I have one set up on the paving stones! I am soooo excited! They already have their tunnel in there, a few rocks and a couple of their toys from inside in there..... Ive also put a few plastic plant pots (smalls ones) for Win to throw around. She loves throwing things around! :) What else can I sort out for them? The run is mostly covered so I can have a few things that dont matter if they get wet type thing......

Oh, I also put an old bath matt in there, so they can sit on there if they think the stone is too cold! Lol!

I made mine a bench out of two wooden boxes and a wooden plank. I drape hay over the front and they hide there during sleepy time when they're not in their box and sit on top nommin hay of an evening. They love their bench! :D

I made mine a bench out of two wooden boxes and a wooden plank. I drape hay over the front and they hide there during sleepy time when they're not in their box and sit on top nommin hay of an evening. They love their bench! :D

Awww! That sounds cuuuuuute!! Hmmmm, my brother does DT at school, maybe I could get him to create me something..... mind you, I rather enjoy a bit of DIY myself.... oh my! *excited*

Can I see a photo please Bensonlola??

DSC01171-1.jpg

Here you go! I'd never take their bench away! They use it every day - they love it. My dad cut holes in the sides of the boxes for me so they can sit in there if they like or use them like tunnels.:D

No probs! An upturned dog bed might go down well too - somewhere to hide and somewhere elevated.... mine like the one they have in the garden.

Hmm..... I don't have a solid dog bed but I might have to go and have a wee look in some charity shops..... thanks! :D

How about a digging box, which is basically just a litter tray filled with multi-purpose compost?

Plastic balls are good too. Trying to think -heads a bit fuzzy.

How about a digging box, which is basically just a litter tray filled with multi-purpose compost?

Plastic balls are good too. Trying to think -heads a bit fuzzy.

Yeah, I keep looking at those little wooden sand pits in Asda..... am hoping plenty of stimulation of different types (in and out) will help keep them settled. :)

Thanks! :D

Yes mine have have a piece of carpet to sit on in their runs and they are always on it, choosing it over laying on the slabs. Mine also like a card board box with 2 entry/exit holes sometimes, that's a favourite. I also have wooden logs for jumping over. A natural wicker laundry basket is a favourite too.

Back