• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

There's a (Teddy) bunny in the carrot patch...

martlou

Warren Veteran
Where are the carrots mummy?

innocentted.jpg

Still can't see them

tedstoodup.jpg

Mmm grass is nice but still not carrots

tedgrass.jpg

That's a flower, tasty but still not carrots

tedsniff2.jpg

Smells nice but still not found the carrots

tedsniff1.jpg

Here they are! :D:D

tedcarrots.jpg

Oh mummy has chased me off :(

tedgoingin.jpg

:love::love::love:

Wow! Look at the size of those carrot tops!!!!!! Mine are still tiny (and Butter's has had most of them already :oops:)

Gorgeous Little Ted :love::love::love:

The little monkey has had enough of my blooming carrots!

Martlou didn't get the pics but he has also had a good go at some of my cabbages too.

Good job we love him so much... :evil:

The little monkey has had enough of my blooming carrots!

Martlou didn't get the pics but he has also had a good go at some of my cabbages too.

Good job we love him so much... :evil:

But surely you're only growing veg for the bunnies to eat anyway.....aren't you? :?

But surely you're only growing veg for the bunnies to eat anyway.....aren't you? :?

Primarily, but they need leaves to absorb sun so they grow bigger :lol::lol: Without the leaves the carrots won't grow properly.

Saying that, it's our first attempt so maybe I'm wrong. Just wasn't sure where the carrot itself would get any energy from if it had no leaves? Maybe you can shed some light as a fellow carrot grower?

Primarily, but they need leaves to absorb sun so they grow bigger :lol::lol: Without the leaves the carrots won't grow properly.

Saying that, it's our first attempt so maybe I'm wrong. Just wasn't sure where the carrot itself would get any energy from if it had no leaves? Maybe you can shed some light as a fellow carrot grower?

I only grow ours for the leaves :lol: They never get big enough to have a crop of carrots - I pull the baby carrots up with the leaves and let the buns have them :lol:

Yes we are :D but I want them to grow a bit bigger so there are enough for Rosie to have some. She is too timid to come out very often. And when she does come out if an aeroplane flies over or a motorbike drives past she spooks and runs back inside. :p

Ted on the other hand would probably sit watching me and Lou get chain-sawed to death while he sat eating his carrot tops! :love:

I only grow ours for the leaves :lol: They never get big enough to have a crop of carrots - I pull the baby carrots up with the leaves and let the buns have them :lol:

Oh I see! Maybe we should manage our expectations better then :lol::lol: The funny thing is yesterday was the first time he seemed to have 'found' them. Since they started to look like a carrot (18 May - I know this as I just looked back at Martyn's facebook pics :lol::lol:) both Ted and Rosie just seemed to have not realised they were there. But now, he knows :lol::lol:

Yes we are :D but I want them to grow a bit bigger so there are enough for Rosie to have some. She is too timid to come out very often. And when she does come out if an aeroplane flies over or a motorbike drives past she spooks and runs back inside. :p

Ted on the other hand would probably sit watching me and Lou get chain-sawed to death while he sat eating his carrot tops! :love:

Clover: That sounds reasonable. Anybun knows food is the most important thing in the whole wide world. Finish the food then save lives :)

Oh my .... my wee mini-lop friend isn't into snuggles, although he's a deal easier to handle that Spenser. :roll:

Well he's not always particularly thrilled about it to be honest, but we like to keep him used to the handling. Most of the time he's fine though. Rosie is the one that doesn't like being picked up :(

Back