PDA

View Full Version : There's a (Teddy) bunny in the carrot patch...

martlou
26-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Where are the carrots mummy?

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/martlou/innocentted.jpg

Still can't see them

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/martlou/tedstoodup.jpg

Mmm grass is nice but still not carrots

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/martlou/tedgrass.jpg

That's a flower, tasty but still not carrots

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/martlou/tedsniff2.jpg

Smells nice but still not found the carrots

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/martlou/tedsniff1.jpg

Here they are! :D:D

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/martlou/tedcarrots.jpg

Oh mummy has chased me off :(

http://i681.photobucket.com/albums/vv176/martlou/tedgoingin.jpg

:love::love::love:

Blackberry & Co
26-06-2011, 09:12 PM
Wow! Look at the size of those carrot tops!!!!!! Mine are still tiny (and Butter's has had most of them already :oops:)

Gorgeous Little Ted :love::love::love:

mini lop1
26-06-2011, 09:13 PM
awww he worked soo hard searching he deserved those cawwots :lol: :love:

hurricanhoney
26-06-2011, 09:20 PM
:lol::lol:

susie bun
26-06-2011, 09:25 PM
Wee darling! :love::love::love:

martyn_t
26-06-2011, 09:43 PM
The little monkey has had enough of my blooming carrots!

Martlou didn't get the pics but he has also had a good go at some of my cabbages too.

Good job we love him so much... :evil:

Blackberry & Co
26-06-2011, 09:47 PM
The little monkey has had enough of my blooming carrots!

Martlou didn't get the pics but he has also had a good go at some of my cabbages too.

Good job we love him so much... :evil:

But surely you're only growing veg for the bunnies to eat anyway.....aren't you? :?

martlou
26-06-2011, 09:54 PM
But surely you're only growing veg for the bunnies to eat anyway.....aren't you? :?

Primarily, but they need leaves to absorb sun so they grow bigger :lol::lol: Without the leaves the carrots won't grow properly.

Saying that, it's our first attempt so maybe I'm wrong. Just wasn't sure where the carrot itself would get any energy from if it had no leaves? Maybe you can shed some light as a fellow carrot grower?

susie bun
26-06-2011, 09:59 PM
I want to snuggle Little Ted! :love::love::love:

martlou
26-06-2011, 10:08 PM
I want to snuggle Little Ted! :love::love::love:

He he, he is very snuggable :love:

Blackberry & Co
26-06-2011, 10:10 PM
Primarily, but they need leaves to absorb sun so they grow bigger :lol::lol: Without the leaves the carrots won't grow properly.

Saying that, it's our first attempt so maybe I'm wrong. Just wasn't sure where the carrot itself would get any energy from if it had no leaves? Maybe you can shed some light as a fellow carrot grower?

I only grow ours for the leaves :lol: They never get big enough to have a crop of carrots - I pull the baby carrots up with the leaves and let the buns have them :lol:

susie bun
26-06-2011, 10:10 PM
He he, he is very snuggable :love:

Oh my .... my wee mini-lop friend isn't into snuggles, although he's a deal easier to handle that Spenser. :roll:

martyn_t
26-06-2011, 10:13 PM

Yes we are :D but I want them to grow a bit bigger so there are enough for Rosie to have some. She is too timid to come out very often. And when she does come out if an aeroplane flies over or a motorbike drives past she spooks and runs back inside. :p

Ted on the other hand would probably sit watching me and Lou get chain-sawed to death while he sat eating his carrot tops! :love:

martlou
26-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I only grow ours for the leaves :lol: They never get big enough to have a crop of carrots - I pull the baby carrots up with the leaves and let the buns have them :lol:

Oh I see! Maybe we should manage our expectations better then :lol::lol: The funny thing is yesterday was the first time he seemed to have 'found' them. Since they started to look like a carrot (18 May - I know this as I just looked back at Martyn's facebook pics :lol::lol:) both Ted and Rosie just seemed to have not realised they were there. But now, he knows :lol::lol:

Blackberry & Co
26-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Yes we are :D but I want them to grow a bit bigger so there are enough for Rosie to have some. She is too timid to come out very often. And when she does come out if an aeroplane flies over or a motorbike drives past she spooks and runs back inside. :p

Ted on the other hand would probably sit watching me and Lou get chain-sawed to death while he sat eating his carrot tops! :love:

Clover: That sounds reasonable. Anybun knows food is the most important thing in the whole wide world. Finish the food then save lives :)

martlou
26-06-2011, 10:17 PM
Oh my .... my wee mini-lop friend isn't into snuggles, although he's a deal easier to handle that Spenser. :roll:

Well he's not always particularly thrilled about it to be honest, but we like to keep him used to the handling. Most of the time he's fine though. Rosie is the one that doesn't like being picked up :(

martlou
26-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Clover: That sounds reasonable. Anybun knows food is the most important thing in the whole wide world. Finish the food then save lives :)

Teddy: Yes comrade. That is indeed the order. The sooner the hoomins recognise this, the better :D

martyn_t
26-06-2011, 10:21 PM

Thank you Clover... as a hooman I didn't realise this was the case. I will manage my expectations in future!

Coineanach
26-06-2011, 10:22 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Love the second pic, he looks incredibly squishable :love:

BinkyBun
26-06-2011, 11:48 PM
Awww:lol::love::love::love::love:

Elena
26-06-2011, 11:55 PM
Coooooooooeeeeeeee! Little Ted! Fancy these?!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5080/5842436105_0a4d826f89.jpg

Barn Yard Bunnies
27-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Mummy give me a carrot, I am soooooooooo cute :love::love::love:

Coineanach
27-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Coooooooooeeeeeeee! Little Ted! Fancy these?!

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5080/5842436105_0a4d826f89.jpg

:shock:

dizzyg
27-06-2011, 10:43 AM
Teddy! Wait until they've grown my lovely and your mummy and daddy may let you have the WHOLE thing. Carrot and all!:lol:

sugarlump
27-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Go on Mum. Don't be a spoilsport. Let him have just one. :lol::lol:

Lovely pics!

And Shuette :shock: WOW! I bet all the bunnies on RU want to dive into that bathtub :D

Elena
27-06-2011, 11:19 AM
:oops::lol:

Mine have been having the tops but the tops from one carrot half fill their colander :shock: I might have to try drying them :lol:

sugarlump
27-06-2011, 12:02 PM

Mine have been having the tops but the tops from one carrot half fill their colander :shock: I might have to try drying them :lol:

Mine LURRRRVE carrot tops. Shame you live so far away.
I'd have popped over your fence and pinched some. :oops: :lol::lol:

martyn_t
27-06-2011, 12:30 PM

They are HUGE! Think I put mine in too late but this is my first attempt.

Little Ted and Rosie will certainly be getting ours when they are a bit bigger.

ripminnie
27-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Awwww!! What a gorgeous bunster!!! :love:

Bebopy
27-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Awwwww Teddy is so cute! :love::love::love::love:

martlou
27-06-2011, 05:12 PM
Go on Mum. Don't be a spoilsport. Let him have just one. :lol::lol:

Lovely pics!

And Shuette :shock: WOW! I bet all the bunnies on RU want to dive into that bathtub :D

Teddy: Fank you everyone, I know I am very cute. I have had a few of the carrot tops when mummy and daddy have not been looking, shhhh! don't tell them, they think I've only had a couple :D

Elena
27-06-2011, 06:07 PM
They are HUGE! Think I put mine in too late but this is my first attempt.

Little Ted and Rosie will certainly be getting ours when they are a bit bigger.

Mine went in in April. They were watered nearly every day from April til May! Snce the rain's been though they've just gone crazy (very yummy though :love:)

martyn_t
27-06-2011, 09:33 PM
Mine went in in April. They were watered nearly every day from April til May! Snce the rain's been though they've just gone crazy (very yummy though :love:)

Daddy: In that case I was definately too late.

Little Ted: Yes you were Daddy! I told you to plant them out earlier.

Daddy: Yes Teddy of course you are right. Unfortunately Granny Walker didn't give me the seeds until the end of April and I've not been watering them as often as Auntie Schuette.

martyn_t
27-06-2011, 09:34 PM
Rosie: I am cute too!

Blackberry & Co
27-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Little Ted - if you can get your hoomins to go to Wilkinsons they have 75% off most of the seeds now! I've just stocked up on carrots, runner beans, calendula, nasturtiums, sunflower etc to grow for the bunnies next year ;)

Blackberry & Co
27-06-2011, 09:35 PM

Rosie, you are incredibly cute :love::love::love:

martyn_t
27-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Little Ted: Auntie Blackberry, I will whisper in the hoomins' ears. They are just sat on the big chairs at the moment with these funny things on their knees. :roll:

Rosie: Thank you Auntie Blackberry! :love::love::love:

Elena
28-06-2011, 02:41 AM
Daddy: In that case I was definately too late.

Little Ted: Yes you were Daddy! I told you to plant them out earlier.

Daddy: Yes Teddy of course you are right. Unfortunately Granny Walker didn't give me the seeds until the end of April and I've not been watering them as often as Auntie Schuette.

I did a second lot about then but in the ground and they're definitely not growing as well as the bath carrots for some reason. Or maybe they are and they are just making root instead of top. :oops:

Coineanach
28-06-2011, 04:37 AM

Rosie you are my favourite :love:

Don't tell Teddy :oops:

martlou
28-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Rosie you are my favourite :love:

Don't tell Teddy :oops:

It's so funny that Rosie has had loads of comments on threads recently whereas normally Teddy is the one that gets all the 'aw so cute' comments. Rosie probably reminds you of your bunster - BARC bunnies with attitude :lol::lol::lol: