• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It was my first volunteer day today...

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I started volunteering at Bleakholt animal sanctuary today, more specifically on the bunny section I so want to help all the bunnies and improve their lives, I just don't know if it's going to be possible or if anyone else cares enough about bunnies to listen to my ideas and take them seriously currently 12 of them live in small stainless steel hutches stacked on top of each other in blocks of 3. Until recently they took turns to play out in one of several outside runs, but these are being renovated at the moment so they get no exercise at all what I would love to do is raise enough money to build a whole new shed for them (it would have to be pretty big), so they all have permanent access to a run outside. I was thinking of doing that thing I read about on here, ie. Dress up in a bunny suit and sit in a hutch all day! And write to lots of local companies asking them to sponsor me in return for advertising. I'd like to get newspapers and local tv news involved for more publicity - the sanctuary has 4 open days a year, so one of them would be an ideal time to do it. Unfortunately the manager is off sick at the moment so I can't speak to him. :(

I'm not too confident that they'll go for it though poor bunnies! Some of them are big bunnies too.

Last edited:
Back