• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding probs. already! :O(

mia'n'patch

Alpha Buck
Ok, have put buns in together and for first 5 mins was ok. Then.......pandemonium! Fur flying, biting, (got me too, right on the foot!), and lots of grunting. Do I carry on or do i try and put a panel down the middle for a couple of days.
Am trying to put a bonded male/female pair with another male. All neutered.

Yep. In my living room. They are outdoor bunnies.
Even bought a new piece of carpet to go under pen so I didn't use the ones that i already have.
Have removed all bowls and trays as well.

I'm not sure but I've heard 2 bucks, one doe is a difficult bond because even though they're neutered the bucks might still fight over the doe.
I've never tried bonding though so I wouldn't know how to make it better. Try distracting them with hay maybe?

They have Hay, Pellets, Veg, Readi-grass, and tele on full blast to distract them. Going to put a panel between them and try the slow approach. :(

Trying to distract them with food and things like that could work but it won't last forever. I've never had spayed/neutered rabbits before but I know it's very rare to find rabbits that can live together in harmony for their entire lives. That might change once they have been 'fixed' (since I don't spay/neuter I have no more thoughts on that) but the new buck might be the one who started the fighting. He's been dropped in a new place with rabbits he's never seen before, one of which is a buck and bucks together usually end up fighting, especially if they didn't grow up together. That's why I always recommend that if you have more than one rabbit, that they shouldn't be housed together. If you can't get the new buck to get along with the bonded pair you might have to consider housing him seperatly.

Back