• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flies!!!

unalakey

Mama Doe
Having a massive problem with flies in the garden at the moment:cry: They are driving me mad and am very worried for my buns and piggies, i think it is mainly due to the rabbits pooping on the gravel area, making it very hard to pick it up clean etc, they are good in their sheds litter trained etc but continue to poop along the divide of the garden (panels) that keeps my two pairs apart, think its a territorial thing:roll: I keep thier housing and litter trays clean, i did until recently:cry: have an incontinent Guinea pig so i dont think this helped. I am going to take up all the gravel (large area) and replace with flags asap but this wont happen overnight has it is a big job/expense. What can i do in the mean time, do people use those fly strips? Anything else i can do? Thanks

Citonella and lavender oil are good. Have you got any lemon balm, lavender or mint plants as flies don't like these. I have these pots around the bunnies hutches, playhouse.

Back