• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best diet for mucky bums

biscuitblossom

Warren Veteran
Diesel is about 6yrs old, hes had a mucky bum on and off for a while and I have to wash him ....it doesn't look like uneaten caecatrophs , the poo is smelly but quite solid .

I'd changed pellets from SS to Wagg and thought maybe that had affected him recently so swapped him back to SS but seems to have made no real difference.

Diesel is a gummy bun so probably doesnt eat as much hay as he could do.

The lovely Diesel:love::love:

I tend not to give the gummy buns as much veg as the other buns, most of mine still love hay and readigrass though, sorry I'm not much help as usual:roll: But I wanted to say Diesel:love::love::love::lol::lol::lol:

Just wondered if adding a little Protexin Profibre pellets to their usual pellets might help? We have done this for Kenco - he has maloccluded (sp) teeth and misshapen poos but it seems to be helping a bit. He prefers green oat hay to standard timothy - dont know if its something about the texture or the taste?

agree with white hood flopsey had issues in the botty area she was put on a hay only diet for a mth by vet then minimum pellets and built it up that way

Trouble is he doesnt go for hay as much because of his toothlessness :?

His partner is a greedy hay monster and eats tons of it.

Just wondered if adding a little Protexin Profibre pellets to their usual pellets might help? We have done this for Kenco - he has maloccluded (sp) teeth and misshapen poos but it seems to be helping a bit. He prefers green oat hay to standard timothy - dont know if its something about the texture or the taste?

how much of these do you feed a day?

I've used them for Chester and Digby and they did seem to help http://www.vetuk.co.uk/rabbit-suppl...rotexin-pro-fibre-for-rabbits-800g-pot-p-1178

There Davina, I'm trying to be helpful now:lol:

Diesel:love::love::love:

Less veggies- a very minimal amount, Keep the hay topped up. Some hay is really rich though and causes problems. I used meadow and find that's fine. Pellets routine times so not to cause digestive upset.

Back