• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another wildie baby.- latest u/d post 29.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Got a call this morning from a friend, her dog had taken home a wet and slightly injured baby bunny. It still hasn't opened it's eyes but appears quite strong, even though it was cold. I've been trying to get it to take goats milk until I can get cimicat from the vet tomorrow. I know the chance of survival is very slim but I've got to give it a chance- wish us luck!

Last edited:
Baby bun us still with us, I've manage to get it to take some milk, it just taking both of us to get a way that suit us both- I need to get a wee drop at the end if the syringe an it then needs to be in the mood to lick it off. The problem is that syringes often give a wee spurt and a lot more comes out and I'm scared it inhales it. I'm going to see if I can get a dropper tomorrow.

I've had a look on the web, I think it us about a week old. Any hints and tips welcome- do I change to cimicat if I can, can I add biolapis to the milk. Do I need to help it toilet and how long do I encourage and when.

It should be toileting on its own if it's a week old. If in doubt, stroking it's bum with some damp cotton wool should work. I'm not sure how often...perhaps after feeding?

Hi Louise,do you milk any of your goats or are you able to get fresh goats milk as I think this is the best thing you can feed a baby wildy?I also used to mix some avro plus in with the milk.Good luck xxxx.
I used to also put some bunny food,hay and weeds in at about three weeks old

Last edited:
No the goats are not milked, some do produce but at the moment the ones that do are only producing a clear serum. I don't think my vets stock avipro but they do biolapis, I can order some but it may arrive too late!

No the goats are not milked, some do produce but at the moment the ones that do are only producing a clear serum. I don't think my vets stock avipro but they do biolapis, I can order some but it may arrive too late!

Biolapis will be fine,I only used avipro because it was in the fridge :D

Just popped through to feed and it was lying on it's back with legs in the air. It creates a bit of a fuss about feeding but eventually settles down to taking in a few drops.

Just popped through to feed and it was lying on it's back with legs in the air. It creates a bit of a fuss about feeding but eventually settles down to taking in a few drops.

Bunny sounds like such a sweetie,I wish you all the luck in the world xxxxx

Back