• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding checklist.

mia'n'patch

Alpha Buck
Am in middle of setting up bonding area for a trio, and I have...

A 4ftx4ft bonding area with new carpet in, new litter tray, food bowl, water bottle and hay box, (trying to get it as neutral as I can for them).
I've got a huge pile of hay, and a bowl full of veg, pellets, and ready grass which hopefully will kinda distract them from each other.
And, I have my motorbike gloves ready should I have to stick my hand in for any reason.

Anybody think of anything I need to add to list? I'm so nervous I can't think straight!

I would halve the space personally :)

Wouldn't use a litter tray or bowl either. Scatter feed them

I had the pen set up at approx 4x2 to begin with but the floor area ended up tiny. I wasn't sure if that would actually be big enough for the 3 of them. (and me!)

And it did cross my mind to scatter feed, I figured there could be a chance of fighting over the bowl?

I had the pen set up at approx 4x2 to begin with but the floor area ended up tiny. I wasn't sure if that would actually be big enough for the 3 of them. (and me!)

And it did cross my mind to scatter feed, I figured there could be a chance of fighting over the bowl?

It is possible for them to fight over the bowl and the litter tray and any other objects in the pen.

So you might want to stick with just hay and readygrass in the pen and nothing else.

And when it's time to feed the pellets ,scatter them.

After 72 hours if all is going well [no fights,scuffles, nipping, mounting, etc] then add the litter tray I don't think a hay box will be needed

:wave:

It is possible for them to fight over the bowl and the litter tray and any other objects in the pen.

So you might want to stick with just hay and readygrass in the pen and nothing else.

And when it's time to feed the pellets ,scatter them.

After 72 hours if all is going well [no fights,scuffles, nipping, mounting, etc] then add the litter tray I don't think a hay box will be needed

Ok, thanks for the advice, will do some adjusting in the pen, and then i'm gonna go for it. Gonna stick em all in and see what happens. :shock:

Back