• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weeing on bed!

nessar

Warren Veteran
How do I prevent this?

I assume its a territory thing as they have only started doing it since I moved house (and I'm moving again on Saturday!) but the bunnies have been weeing on the bed. Last night I actually got weed on at the same time! It wouldnt be so bad if it was just Annabelle becasue her wees are tiny but Barney's are actual puddles, twice the size of him and he's 3.5kg! He's also weeing in his carrier that he has as a cosy area, but thats not so much a problem. And its not even my bed, I'm staying with a friend, so sooner or later the mattress is going to stain.

What do I do? I've been vinegaring and washing bedclothes every time but now the bloomin washing machine is broken. I dont have a cage here to confine them in. Help!

Is the bed higher? Perhaps he's feeling like he can't get down as it's a new place and he's a bit unsure? Erm, have you fed them ANY food at all on the bed? Have you eaten any food on the bed?

It probably is a territorial thing. Could you cover the bed with a tarp while you are not in it for the moment? I found doing that for a while made them realise it's not a weeing area and after a while I was able to remove it again.

Hi,
Ron jumps on our bed and has torn holes in the bedding trying to make a nest. Not ideal. He also wees, but only on the beds. :(

Back